Chapter 64

"Are you kidding me?!" My best friend asked, jumping up and down as I sat on the couch across from where she stood.

I shook my head, smiling widely and laughing afterwards. "No Dawn, I'm actually pregnant!"

"Oh my god! So many people are having babies! Isabella, Poppy, now you! I'm so excited for you and Poppy! This is amazing!"

I stood up, skipping over to hug Dawn.

"This is awesome Liv..."

-
Imagine sitting at a dinner table with your husband, sister, her boyfriend and your two parents. Debating whether or not to tell them all about your good news first or let your sister tell them her good news first.

But picture that awkward scene ten times worse awkward because I sat on the soft cushion seats at my parents home, listening to them tell the four of us they are getting a divorce.

Why you're probably wondering? Because last time at my Mothers party they were so in love.

A lot can change in a few months.

"Mom, are you guys serious?" Poppy asked them, looking back and forth.

"Yes girls. We realize this is difficult but you know what? You guys are grown up and can take care of yourselves. This won't affect much alright?" Our father spoke.

I brushed my fingers through my hair and sighed. "Well. I don't understand. Why are you doing this now? You guys love each other and a few months ago you guys were perfectly fine."

"Liv, your father and I have many issues and you guys don't see it because you two are always gone."

Jake sat there quietly and held my hand for support while Oliver was eating dinner that my parents made. Poppy seemed super stressed and just heartbroken.

Just like me.

"This is insane! You can't get a divorce!" Poppy yelled.

"Why are you acting up Poppy?! Act your age! Your mother and I are getting a divorce and that's that!" My dad shouted.

"I'm pregnant! That's why you can't get a divorce!" Poppy screamed, getting up off her chair and running out the house.

Oliver sighed and ran after her.

"Oh my god...." My mom stressed. "Why is this such a big deal to you girls?!"

"Wait did Poppy just say that she's pregnant?!" My dad asked afterward.

"Mom. You and dad have been married for so many years and now you are just ending it. The only two people we have ever known to love each other as much as you two did!" I talked loudly, ignoring my dads recent question.

"I hate arguing! We are getting a divorce so just accept it!" My dad yelled back at me.

"I hope you guys are happy. You just ruined the life of your two children and grandchildren." I got up, collecting my things.

"Poppy's baby is not even born. Your future children will not think it matters in a few years anyway!" My mum told me.

"I think you two don't care about anybody except yourselves and i'm not having my child around this family's stupidity! Yes, I'm pregnant as well!" I argued then walked furiously out of my parents house. Why does something bad happen to me after something good happens?

-
After that whole family drama situation yesterday, I needed some space from Jake and my family. I needed my best friends.

I had to work today unfortunately but made a decision to call Dawn during my lunch break and arrange a girls dinner with Savannah, Dawn and Isabella.

It is definitely much needed.

It always probably seems as if i'm skipping work, not doing anything or just always doing something important all the time, But in reality I just have a lot of time off and flexible hours.

Seems odd but I save my days off monthly and it works great. I get time off when I need it and when I work extra hours that rewards more days off. Although, I should start working more. But in a few months I will be heading out on maternity leave so might as well work every weekday until then because we will for sure need the money and days off in the long run.

"Heya! Oh my goodness long time no see!" Isabella stated as we bumped into one another in the nursing change room.

"Oh my gosh! Isabella I haven't seen you in what feels like forever!" I reached out to hug my friend.

"I know, Ugh I miss you all. I have been so busy with work and Caroline. Plus us two always seem to miss each other. Have you been off sick lately?" She asked while we walked together into the change room to my locker.

I unlocked my locker with my three digit number, taking the lock and placing it aside as I grabbed my scrubs and began changing. Isabella was already changed and just sat, talking to me.

"Well I haven't been sick, just busy and tons of family drama happening lately."

"Oh, that sucks. I went out to lunch with Poppy earlier this week and she told me that your parents are splitting? That's awful, I'm so sorry." My friend sighed while I placed my shirt on.

"Yeah, It's horrible but apparently they haven't been happy in months. I think because they haven't seen much of Poppy and I. I feel bad about that. But they will be seeing more, just not right now because we're at odds."

"Oh I see, how come you decided to see them more all the sudden?"

"Well since they told us the news and my mother seems lonely mostly. My father just seems annoyed at everything lately. Also since Poppy is pregnant, and well yeah..." I placed my things in my locker before shutting the door.

"You seem like you wanted to say something." Isabella chuckled. "Spill it Liv." She stood up and faced me.

I sighed, turning away from my locker and facing my friend. "Fine." I breathed in and smiled.

"Well Poppy isn't the only one who is pregnant."

"Who else is pregnant???" She asked, her eyes growing wider than they were before.

"Me."