Chapter 17

I've been taking on more shifts at work to keep busy because Jake had been working a lot more and so I needed something to keep me occupied. Dawn finally called me back two days ago and we talked for hours sorting everything out, thank god she is okay now.

Last night we actually even had a great supper, that she made which means I'm praying I don't get food poisoning.

"Olivia would you mind getting Parker from room 131 and bringing him down to get some X-rays?" The head nurse asked me, I nodded and walked down to the room she asked me to fetch newborn Parker.

His mother was asleep so I patted her back really quickly just to inform her that I would be taking him for thirty minutes. All of the sudden she woke up, swung her arm and slapped me super hard across the face making me fall to the floor.

"Oh my god!!" I shouted.

"Well don't fricken wake me then!!!!" She shouted back. The baby started to cry.

I turned my head to face the floor, rubbing it. I felt large hands on my back and a familiar voice. "Oh my goodness, Liv are you okay?" Jayden asked me. I squinted my eyes and finally saw his figure.

"What happened?" He asked me.

"I came um....I came to get Parker the baby and she was sleeping so I tried to wake her and tell her that I was taking him and she fricken slapped me to the floor."

I rubbed my face as Jayden scooped me into his arms and took me outside, placing me on a stretcher. "Wow, the bruise is already forming, should we get you a head CT?"

"No,no I'm fine. Maybe just check that lady out she seems insane." I rolled my eyes, grabbing my pager and paging for an ice pack for room 131 along with another nurse to escort Parker to the Xray Room.

"Yeah I will go check on her, you okay though? Should I call a nurse?"

"Yes Jayden I'm fine." I smiled quickly and looked around for the icepack nurse.

"Oh thank you." I said as she turned the corner and handed me an ice pack before walking into the room and grabbing Parker, making him calm.

I sighed and laid back.

-
"Dawn you will never guess what the hell happened today." I said walking in the front door to our condo.

"Hey, come in and tell me, I'm just making supper." Her voice sounded from the kitchen.

I took off my shoes, walking to the kitchen to find Dawn making a salad and some flavoured rice.

"Mmm yummy."

"Yeah, thought I would make dinner (from packets)." She laughed.

I smiled and started my story. "Okay this crazy chick at work slapped me so hard that I fell to the floor and all I was doing was telling her that I was escorting her baby to the Xray Room." I rolled my eyes.

Dawn looked up in shock and saw my bruise. "Wow that's a bad one, what's her problem?"

"I don't know but after Jayden came and brought me to a stretcher, I told him to check her out."

"Oooh prince charming." She grinned.

I rolled my eyes again and walked towards my room, shutting the door behind me and grabbed some casual clothes from my closet. I showered quickly, brushing my hair out and removing my makeup. I put on some moisturizer and my clothes before walking out the door and to the dining room where dinner was finally ready.

"Time to eat." Dawn told me as we sat down and ate while watching Grey's Anatomy. Shh don't tell Jake.

-
I finally saved up enough money to get.....a car!! I've always wanted a white range rover and finally the day has come.

Since I don't like going places by myself, I asked my sister Poppy to come with me to buy the new car. Thankfully we're on good terms now, her and Oliver are really happy.

"Okay tell my why again, why do you want such an expensive car?" She asked as we walked around looking at the cars.

"Because I just want it, it's pretty and special."

She nodded her head.

"Omg there it is!!" I pointed.

After purchasing the car, I drove my new car to drop off Poppy and then to my house super carefully and safe. It felt so new and fresh and I totally loved it even if it was expensive it was really worth it.

Dawn came running outside and screamed. "It's beautiful!!!!!" She told me. I smiled and parked it in the garage, locking it and walking into the house with Dawn.

"Dawn I have been meaning to ask you, how's the bridal store doing?" I asked, sitting down on the couch and removing my heels.

"Awesome! Since it's Spring we have been getting a lot of attention."

"That's wonderful, I'm glad."

"Okay so I was wondering, tomorrow did you, Isabella and Jake want to come clubbing together?"

"I'll ask but it sounds good to me, I'm sure Isabella would love it since its Friday night tomorrow and she really needs somebody to date. Other than Jayden."

"Jayden? What the hell is he up to now?"

"He flirted with Isabella for like two seconds and she's totally in love with him now." I rolled my eyes once again.

"She's a weird one."

"Mhm."