Fun

Tobin POV

"I-I found out a little while ago. And I d-didn't know what to do. S-so I came h-here and n-now I-I-"
"Alex, you're talking a mile a minute." I knelt down on the ground next to her.
"What happened?" I asked.
"You're not gunna like this." She said.
"What?" I asked, already a hit mad.
"He was arrested for having an unregistered gun." She answered. I tried to his my anger because I didn't want her to freak out.
"Did you know about it?" I asked.
"...yeah." I stood up and put my head in my hands.
"Damnit Alex. After all the shootings you see on the news, after all the horror stories you hear... after the horror story we lived." I sat down and took her hands.
"Lex people died. People we went to school with and saw everyday. They lost their lives because of a gun and a psycho." She fell into my shoulders and I put an arm around her as she started to cry.
"I know I know. And it was so wrong and so horrible. But he said if I told he'd be pissed, and I didn't wanna get him angry...because of the gun."
Somehow she ended up in my lap with her arms around my neck curled up like a baby. She cried into my neck as I rocked her back and forth.
"Can we go home?" She asked.
"Yeah yeah, I'll drop you off and-" she cut me off.
"No, come with me." She said. I looked at her and just nodded. She stood up and we walked in silence to her house. Once we get there, we walk through the front door and Alex turns on the lights.
"Where's your mom?" I ask.
"Mom is at a friends house, and I have no idea where Brianna went, she just said she's going out." She shrugged her shoulders. I nodded as she walked to the stairs. She nodded towards them so I followed her. We walked into her room and she closed the door behind me. I laughed to myself, "This room is exactly how I remember it." I said spinning around.
"Except..." Something caught my eye as I turned.
"A Youthful Exuberance poster?" I asked quirking an eyebrow. She held her hands and looked at her feet.
"Yeah well..." She trailed off. I walked to her and put my finger under her chin to lift her head.
"I mean we are pretty cool, I'd understand why-" she cut me off by pressing her lips to mine. For a second I didn't know what to do, but then I realized what was happening and kissed back. My hands moved to her back and hers to my neck. I took a sharp breath in. She spun us around and had me walking backwards. I kept walking until I landed on my back on her bed. She straddled me as we kissed. Then the reality of the situation registered and my eyes shot open. I pulled away so she was still hovering over me. I sat up so she was in my lap and I kept my hands in her back for support.
"Alex you, you don't want this." I said.
"Yes. Yes I do." She said grabbing my shirt.
"No, you don't Lex. You're said about your father, and you're vulnerable, and confused, and Brianna isn't here right now, so, I'd be taking advantage of you." I said.
"Tobin I've had sex with you before." She said.
"Yeah but that doesn't mean that you wanna have sex again." I said. "Look, just, take the night, think about it, and you'll realize that you don't want this." By now I'd put her down and I started to get up when she grabbed my wrist.
"Ok." She said, "But, I still don't want you do go." She whispered. I sat back down.
"Alright but, I can't have sex with you Alex and we can't make out." It killed me to say that. How was I saying no to the one thing I wanted more than anything.
"Ok then can..." She trailed off and she ran over to a speaker and plugged in her phone. Blackbird by the Beatles started playing and I cracked a smile. She walked towards the door and turned off the lights.
"Can we just dance then?" She asked. Even though she could barely see me I nodded and she walked up to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and rested her head on my shoulder. I put my arms around her waist and held her close. I hung my head so my ear was by her eyes. We swayed together softly whispering the words. The part when the birds started chirping came and I felt Alex laugh against my chest. I smiled at the sound of her laugh.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

As the outro played and the next song started, I felt Alex lifts her head up so I did the same.
"You know something?" She said in a hushed voice.
"What's that?" I asked.
"I just realized, you're my blackbird." She out her head back down and I did the same. I tightened my grip on her waist and pulled her closer to me. We danced until Alex became so heavy I couldn't hold her anymore. I walked her over to her bed and sat her down. I took off her shoes and her clothes. I remembered where she kept her pajamas so I got some out of the drawer. I put them in her and tucked her in. I kissed her forehead and snuck out the window, habit. I sprinted home and burst through the door.
"Garage, now!" I yelled to my friends.
"Tobs, where have you been? It's one o'clock in the morning!" JJ said.
"Not now." I responded walking to the garage, the three of them on my heels.
"What are we doing?" They asked.
"I've got a song." I said. "Remember the music we've been working in for a month? How I couldn't come up with any lyrics but I was almost finished?" I asked. They nodded their heads.
"Forget it. Scratch them. Those words don't exist anymore, I've got better ones. Same music, just forget the words." I said. They looked at me.
"Well cmon I wanna try it!" I said. We all got situated then I counted us off to start playing.

I get up in the evening
and I ain't got nothing to say
I come home in the morning
I go to bed feeling the same way
I ain't nothing but tired
Man I'm just tired and bored with myself
Hey there baby, I could use just a little help

You can't start a fire
You can't start a fire without a spark
This gun's for hire
even if we're just dancing in the dark

Messages keeps getting clearer
radio's on and I'm moving 'round the place
I check my look in the mirror
I wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face
Man I ain't getting nowhere
I'm just living in a dump like this
There's something happening somewhere
baby I just know that there is

You can't start a fire
you can't start a fire without a spark
This gun's for hire
even if we're just dancing in the dark

You sit around getting older
there's a joke here somewhere and it's on me
I'll shake this world off my shoulders
come on baby this laugh's on me

Stay on the streets of this town
and they'll be carving you up alright
They say you gotta stay hungry
hey baby I'm just about starving tonight
I'm dying for some action
I'm sick of sitting 'round here trying to write this book
I need a love reaction
come on now baby gimme just one look

You can't start a fire sitting 'round crying over a broken heart
This gun's for hire
Even if we're just dancing in the dark
You can't start a fire worrying about your little world falling apart
This gun's for hire
Even if we're just dancing in the dark
Hey baby

"Tobs what did you do tonight?" Ash asked.
"I had fun." I said. They all smirked and laughed a bit.
"No no no." I said. "I had fun in the most innocent form, and it was the most fun I've had in a while."