Married Life

Alex POV

When we left the hotel, everyone besides Tobin and Kelley went home to go out their stuff down. I walked into the condo and saw that the wedding presents had been delivered and were left right in the living room. I sat on the couch and started at them. I was at my breaking point. I couldn't take it anymore. I had to open them up. When I was about to snap, I heard the door open and turned to see Ash and Ali walking in.
"Hey Lex." They said. I greeted them and they came around to sit next to me.
"Are you gunna open the presents without Tobs?" Ali asked.
"No, no." I said, "it's just, they, they're calling out to me guys!" I picked up the smallest president I had been holding.
"I mean this little guy even crawled into my lap." I said.
"Cmon, Tobin wouldn't mind if I open just one present! What do you think it is?" I held the box up. Ash started to guess.
"A lizard. No, a keychain. No, lizard, or keychain...or lizard...I'm sticking with lizard." She said. Ali and I both looked at her.
"Ok, ok, well we won't know unless we open it right?" I asked. They shrugged their shoulders so I ore into the box. When I opened it up I held up the present.
"I tiny salt shaker!" I yelled.
"Damn it, that was my next guess." Ash said.
"Woo, ok, wow, that was fun." I leaned back into the couch.
"I'll wait for Tobin for the rest of them." Ash and Ali seemed to have no reaction.
"Although," I said, "the tiny salt shaker is probably from a tiny salt and pepper set. So this was really like half a present." I said.
"Well I guess oh can open one more of its part of a set, it's probably this one." Ash tried to hand me a small box.
"Or this one!" I said picking up the biggest bow there. I started to tear the paper off.
"Hey hey, Lex, calm down, don't you and Tobs wanna do this together?" Ali asked. I nodded.
"So just wait." She said. I nodded again.
"Ash and I have to go, will you be alright by yourself?" She asked. I said I would and they left. It took about 10 minutes for me to start opening more. I'd torn through about 8 boxes when someone came in.
"Ooh we opening presents?" Christen asked.
"No," I said, "I shouldn't have even opened these." She looked around at the mess.
"Chris, I'm out of control! You gotta do me a favor, no matter what I say, no matter what I do, please don't let me open another present, ok?" I said.
"Ok." She nodded. We stood for about five seconds.
"Gimme one more." I said.
"Ok." She said with fear in her voice as she handed me another present. Everyone but Tobs and Kelley had come and gone. Seeing the mess and deciding to not be here when it got worse. I was sitting in the couch opening another one when I heard the door click open.
"I don't know how any of these got opened!" I yelled as I stood up. I turned to see JJ instead of Tobin.
"You opened them all?" She asked. When she first came by if only opened about six.
"I know," I said, "I'm a terrible person. Tobin's never gunna trust me with anything ever again." I sighed out.
"Hey you got my parents gift." JJ said picking up the gift.
"Yeah what is that?" I asked.
"Not too sure. I think it does something to guitars." She put it down. Ash, Ali Hope, and Chris walked in. They all greeted me and then saw the living room.
"Jesus Lex you opened everything." Ali said.
"I know!" I said. They all took a step back.
"What am I gunna do?" I asked. The door opened again. Kelley and Tobin walked in.
"We're back!" Tobin said.
"Great!" I ran up to her. "We're gunna hang in kitchen. We're all gunna stay in the kitchen!" I said as I pushed there and turned her so her back was to the living room.
"Ok...." she said, "Well its picture time." She said.
"Oh yeah, you'll love these." Kelley said.
"Here's a picture of Kelley." She said as the flipped through the pictures, "here's a picture of me...and here's a picture of me, AND Kelley." She said. This was all wrong, but I decided to play along for a bit.
"Aw and here's a picture of our first kiss as a married couple." She held up the picture.
"Wow this is a great picture." I said.
"I know right." She smiled.
"And real interesting, because I found the cameras in one of our bags." I picked up the bag of cameras and shoved them into her hands.
"Hm. Didn't see that coming." Kelley said. Tobin out the cameras down.
"Ok so this isn't a picture of our first kiss, but it is a picture of my first kiss with this lady." She said clearing her throat. I gave her a glare.
"Which by the look on your face I'm sure you'll remember for a long time," she started to rip the picture up, "so we don't really need to..." she trailed off as she ripped it. She picked up the camera bag again.
"How about I take the real pictures and get them developed right now?" She asked.
"That'd be a good idea." I said. She turned to go and was staring straight at the present apocalypse. I sighed out as she turned around.
"You opened all the presents without me? I thought we were supposed to do that together." She said. I looked around for a second before I found a leg to stand on.
"You kissed another woman?" I asked. We looked at each other, deciding our next move.
"Call in even?" She asked.
"Ok!" I said with excitement. She held up her hand and we shared a high-five. She picked up the cameras and walked out. I was smiling at how that went down, when I noticed all our friends looking at us.
"Marriage is hard!" I said.
"You've been married for 12 hours!" Ali said.
"I don't wanna hear it." I said. Silence fell over our friends. I'd felt like I won. So I walked over to the couch, reached under it, and pulled out a tiny present I'd hid. I looked back and my friends were all starring.
"She's not gunna miss one!" I said as I tore open the box.