The A Team

Tobin POV

We were sitting in our living room with Ash, Kelley, JJ, Ali, Hope, and Christen on our couch. Alex and I, in chairs across from them.
"Ok, well thank you all for getting down here. We wanted to tell you because you're the most important people in our lives." They all nodded along. She put a hand on my knee.
"Tobin and I, are engaged." She held up her hand with the ring. My friends just smiled, already having known, and her friends started screaming and jumped up to look at the ring. I was kinda pushed out of my chair for them, so I just laughed and sat on the couch with my friends. After the screams subsided, I told them what we called them here for.
"Now we want the six of you to help us plan the wedding." My friends agreed, while Alex's friends started to scream again. We talked for a few hours about stuff like when Alex would get her dress, when to tell the public before everyone got tired and we decided to order food.
"So Ash," Ali started, "Alex tells me you guys are leaving for another tour in a week?" She asks. Ash nods.
"Yeah, we're starting off with some small venues, but our fourth show is in Michigan stadium, biggest one in the U.S." Ash said.
"How many people?" Ali said.
"Capacity of 107,601."
"Wow." She sighed.
"Yeah biggest show we've ever played." I said.
"That's um, that's really cool." Ali said smiling to Ash. I felt Alex laughing next to me.
"You ok?" I asked her, confused as to why she was laughing. She nodded.
"Babe can you help me with some snacks in the kitchen?" She asked.
"Lex, we literally just ordered-" Kelley cut me off.
"For god sakes you're not even married and you're already bickering like this, just do what she tells you to, she's always right!" Kelley said to me. I gave her a surprised look but got up to follow Alex. We got in the kitchen and she really let her laughter lose.
"Lex, what's going on?" I asked, chuckling a bit because to me, Alex's laugher was always so infectious.
"Oh god, you're so oblivious." She said taking my head in her hands. I raised an eyebrow towards her, which sent her into another giggling fit.
"Ali has had a crush on Ash for like two years now." She said wiping tears from her eyes.
"Really?" I asked. Alex nodded.
"I don't know how you didn't pick up on it." She said.
"Well, maybe I'll talk to Ash, see what I can do." I shrugged. Alex gasped in.
"We could be a matchmaking couple!" She clapped.
"Oh god, you're like a walking, talking Tinder." I said.

That week went by fast. Before I knew it, my bags were packed and I was saying goodbye to Alex at our front door.
"I'll miss you." Alex smiled at me with her arms wrapped around my neck.
"I'll miss you too." I said, "But you'll be able to watch the Michigan show on channel 37, it's being broadcasted." I smiled.
"Trust me, Ali, Hope, Christen and I will be huddled around the tv." She laughed.
"Good, I love you." I said.
"I love you too." She leaned in to kiss me. It started to get a bit heated before a car horn broke is apart.
"And Kelley has managed to ruin my life a bit more." I sighed as she rested our foreheads together.
"I'll see you soon." She whispered. I kissed her again, threw a duffle bag over my shoulder and headed to the car.
"Later kid." I shot her a peace sign and she giggled at my childishness. I took out my phone and texted her.

Miss you already

"So Ash, you seeing anyone?" I asked.
"No, not really, why?" She said.
"Well you interested in anyone?" I asked. She shrugged.
"There is this, one, girl." Ash said, her face already getting red.
"Do I know her?" I asked.
"...yeah, yeah you do." Luckily, Kelley and JJ were asleep, so she'd avoid some teasing.
"Is it Ali?" I said.
"Damn, how'd you know?" She said with a chuckle.
"I have my ways." I said. We laughed. The car fell silent for about five minutes.
"Well Ash, I want you to know, it's not a lost cause."
"Hmm?" She asked, looking out the window. I turned from where I was driving.
"Go for it. I think you'll get what you want."