Alive

Tobin POV

We got back home maybe 5 minutes later, but Alex didn't get home for another 20. We were sat on the couch waiting for her when she burst through the door.
"Tobin!" She said. I stood up and met her at the door. We held each other tight and shared a long kiss.
"I'm so sorry they did that to you, trust me it'll never happen again." I said hugging her. I felt her crying. I rubbed her back to try to calm her down.
"Hey hey, it's alright Lex, none of us got hurt, you're safe with me." She just cried louder. My friends stood up and motioned to their rooms to give us some space. I sat her down as she curled into a ball.
"Babe, it's ok, everyone's fine." I whispered to her.
"Your not ok." She said.
"What do you mean Lex? I didn't get shit, I'm fine." She shook her head.
"I can see it in your eyes Tobin, you were terrified. You try so hard to be this big strong rock for me, and I appreciate it, but it's ok to fall apart. Sometimes you gotta let yourself break down, and there's so shame in that, not even a little." She said. I looked at her. She was right, but I couldn't tell her that. She leaned down to hug me again. It was silent for a while until she spoke up.
"I-I thought I lost you." She said. I hugged her tighter.
"I'm still here. I'm still alive. I'm still breathing." I kissed the top of her head. We ended up falling asleep like that.
The next morning came and we were scheduled to have a press conference about what happened. We drove to the studio in silence. When we finally got there, we took our seats, Alex sat in the front row. Reporters soon filled the room with big cameras and microphones and what not. We waited until they asked us questions.
"So what do you guys think of what happened at your latest show?" One asked.
"Well, we're disgusted. We can't believe it happened at one of our shows. We in no way condone this and are appalled that it's being associated with us." I said.
"Does it make you guys uneasy considering your past?" As took this one.
"Yeah, I'd say so. But I think it makes everyone uneasy, I mean, would you wanna be in there when it happened? Would you wanna be in that danger?" I nodded in agreement.
"Do you think this behavior will continue at your shows?"
"I sure hope not, if it does, then we have to call off the tour." Kelley JJ said.
"Have you guys heard about the reason behind the shooting?" We looked at each other and shook our heads.
"CBS news reports that it was a women, around your age. She pulled the gun during Tobin's proposal. When later arrested and asked her motive, she said it was because she was in love with Tobin and wanted to be eligible to be with her." The reporter looked like her had more to say, but u wouldn't have heard it. I stood up and walked to the stairs. But instead of walking down as I had intended, I walked up. Up up up, one flight, two flights, three four five, until u was up at the 25th floor. I opened the door and was hit with buckets of rain, it stung my skin as it hit, leaving tiny burns everywhere. I looked around for a second before walking over to the edge of the building. I leaned over a bit to look down. The people seemed minuscule. Like ants working in colonies. Everyone with a specific job, just trying to do it. I stood for a second longer before I wasn't alone anymore. Alex burst through the door. I turned to see her and backed away from the ledge, so I wouldn't scare her. She sighed and walked up to me, holding the back of my head with her hand and my shoulders with her arm, she just hugged me. And I hugged her back.
"Your not ok." She whispered. I didn't agree. I didn't deny it. I didn't say anything. I just hugged her.