Happy

Alex POV

I felt the sun on my face as I started to wake up. I rolled over into Tobin who was already awake. She smiled down at me.
"Good morning, my lovely wife." She whispered, kissing my forehead.
"Good morning." I smiled.
"And good morning my lovely children." She said as she moved down to kiss my stomach, a new morning routine she'd adopted. She got up and opened the curtains. I squinted but eventually got used to it. I stood up, putting my hands behind my back, my stomach becoming very big, considering I was housing three kids.
"How does banana pancakes, strawberry smoothies and half a bagel with raspberry jam sound?" She asked, knowing I'd eaten the same breakfast for the past three months.
"Absolutely perfect." I said walking up to her and putting a hand on her shoulder to kiss her cheek. We walked out to the kitchen and I sat on one of the stools while Tobin got to work. She turned on our speakers, playing a random song. I watched her gather up all the ingredients as she hummed the song, all while dancing a bit.
"This is my favorite song." She said through a mouth of berries. For the "world famous, bad-ass, genius, rockstar" you'd never expect this to be her favorite song. It was called Pennies From Heaven by Bing Crosby.
"Tobs I always wanted to ask, why is this your favorite song?" I asked popping a strawberry in my mouth.
"I don't know, it's nice, sweet, simple. Probably that, it's so simple. Everything's there. Not trying to be deep, just a song to listen to." She said as she flipped a pancake. Content with that, I nodded as she put a plate in front of me, then filled the seat next to mine. We ate with smiles on our faces, occasionally bumping elbows. We talked about our next doctor's appointment, the birth, what we'd do after, more names, but still not finding three to settle on. After we'd finished eating Tobin cleared our dishes and sat back down.
"So what's on the to-do list for today?" I asked.
"Well, I was thinking we go for a walk on the boardwalk, then head into town to get some ice cream, maybe come home and just stay in for the night?" She asked, I nodded in response.
"Sounds perfect." I said kissing her as I got up. A guitar riff came through the speakers and I heard Tobin jump up.
"Oh Lex, this is the new song we're working on that I was telling you about!" She said as she started dancing. She walked over and grabbed my hands to try and get me to dance.
"Tobs I don't know how well I'll dance with a stomach like this." I laughed.
"Alex as pregnant as can me, you'll still dance ten times batter than me." She answered. She swung our arms back and forth before breaking into words.

Well hello let's go
Everybody must know
Love's in my heart like a bomb
It's blowing a song inside I'm singing
Sunshine that your bringing now
And it makes me happy

She spun me around as we skipped in place, soaking in the upbeat music that filled the apartment. I laughed as she made funny faces with the lyrics, having so much fun, just being with each other.

Listen to the radio playing back in stereo
Sounds like my favorite song
I'm humming along
My head is ringing
And I just can't stop singing now
'Cause it makes me happy
It makes me happy

She laughed and leaned in to kiss me. After that, she dropped to her knees and put her hands on my sides, and started to sing the next few lines to my stomach, the babies.

You're everything I need
Handed from above
I can't get enough of your love
'Cause it makes me happy
It makes me happy

Still on the ground, she sang the next verse to the babies too.

Living in a day-dream
I'll show you what it all means
Spending some more time in the sun
Let's get up and run it's just beginning
I just can't stop singing now
'Cause it makes me happy

Like a fantasy that you never find
Right in front of me all the time
And it makes me happy

She pulled me in close and we slowed to a gentle sway as the music softened.

I want it all but not too much
I wanna feel the way you touch me
I'm the kind of guy who's always there to come and find you

It was clear this verse was all for me. She pulled back, keeping one of our hands intertwined. She sang with a big goofy smile on her face, the same one I fell in love with in high school, the same one I was in love with today.

Save the rainy days for another time
I'm just here to say read between the lines
I'm so glad that your mine
'Cause you make me happy
You make me wanna sing

Do do do do do do...

She laughed as the song came to a close. We kept our hands together just looking at each other.
"How do you manage to make me feel like I'm still a kid?" She asked with a sweet voice.
"Because you are one." I said. She laughed as she draped an arm around me.
"Fair enough."
"No I know what you mean. It's moments like this when I feel like I'm 16 and no time has passed." I smiled.
"Well if possible, I love you even more now than I did then." She said. I smiled and kissed her hand that was by my chin.
"So with that song are you guys close to finishing the album?" I asked.
"Yeah, just a couple more songs. But I think I'm going to wait until after the babies are born." She said. "I wanna put at least one song about them in there." She said as she rifled though some papers on the desk.
"Awwww you want to put a song about our kids in there?" I asked. She looked back up at me, like she regretted telling me.
"Stop." She said, knowing where I was going.
"My big tough rockstar has feelings!" I said throwing my arms around her neck.
"Of course I feel things." She said, "right now I feel like I need to be away from you." She said wiggling free and bolting down the hallway.