Star Gazing...Again

Tobin POV

"Thanks for coming! Thanks for coming! Have a nice night now!" I stood at the door sending people off as they left.
"Thanks for coming! Thanks for coming! I'll see ya later Mr. Richards!" As I shook hands with all the guests, Alex clung to my other arm. I looked down at her and smiled.
"Ready to go?" I asked.
"Absolutely."
I ran into the back room to take off my suit jacket and grab a real jacket. I ran out still wearing the white button down, dress pants, shoes and tie, and with my leather jacket over my shoulder. I grabbed Alex's hands and we started running towards the exit.
"Bye guys I'll see ya later!" We were almost at the door when a voice stopped us.
"Ah bu bu bu, come back here!" I turned to see Cindy standing at the other end of the room with her arms crossed. We walked back over to her.
"What?" I asked annoyed.
"Who's this?" I looked at her confused.
"Alex? You've met her. You know? Alex? From when you first found us?" She squinted a bit.
"Mmmmhmmmmm."
"Alright, can we go n-"
"Alex tell me about yourself." She said. I was so confused.
"Cindy, what the fuck?" I said. I felt a light hit in my shoulder and another to my stomach.
"Language." Alex and Cindy both said at the same time. They looked at each other and laughed. Alex told Cindy a bit about herself and then they started talking about something. I was so bored I went and sat down at one of the tables. I checked my watch periodically.
"Tobin, cmere." Alex called me.
"Guys it's been 45 minutes can we go?"
"Alright. Be good now!" Cindy said. I have her a strange look and then nodded. Alex and I walked out hand in hand.
"That was weird." I said getting into my car.
"That was sweet. She cares about you." She said.
"Where are we going?" She asked.
"What time is it?" I said.
"Ummm, 11:38." She said.
"Alright, then how about a trip down memory lane?" I said with a smile.
"I don't know what you have in mind, but I trust you." She smiled up at me and I returned it. I pulled out of the parking lot and we were on our way. About five minutes in she reached up and took my hand from the steering wheel and held it in her lap.
"So, where did that song come from?" She asked.
"Well I was thinking about it the other day. How simple everything was when we were just two kids." I said.
"We still are." She laughed.
"You know what I mean. And you know how afraid I always was of getting old. You remember right? I told you that I used to say I wanna die before I'm old, but ever since you, I thought twice about that." I saw her blush.
"Anyway, getting old just made me so reckless, and for that I'm sorry. But you don't know this. I always told Kelley that you were so beautiful, you looked like something out of a movie. Even when we were broken up, I told her all the time. To me, our story was so, perfect, I thought it had to be something out of a movie or a song." I looked over to see her smiling up at me.
We drove the rest of the way in silence. We pulled up to a beach and I drove us down the ramp and onto the sand.
"Our first unofficial date." She laughed.
"Yeah, star gazing." I smiled at her. We got out of the car and I helped her up onto the hood. We laid down next to each other.
"We're not strangers, c'mere." I laughed. I put my arm up and she curled into my side. I sat listening to her breath as we stared up at the sky. After a little while she sat up.
"Is something wrong?" I asked sitting up with her. She looked through me for a while before finally meeting my eyes.
She she held my face.
"I-I think love you again." She said.
I smiled at her and whispered, "I never stopped."
She slowly leaned in and captured my lips between her. The kiss was slow and long. Suddenly she pulled back and bit her lip.
"Can I ask you something?" She said. I nodded.
"Is this right? Is what we're doing right? I mean, we know how destructive you and I can be, and you kinda still have a girlfriend. I just, I wanna know I'm not making a mistake." I looked at her and then lied back down and she did soon after.
"What do you think love is?" I said after a few moments of silence.
"I, um, I don't know." She said.
"Well, when I was little, I thought love was about red roses and expensive dinners.. Truth is, love is giving you half my fries when you said you weren't hungry. It's waking up at 4am to you snoring and refraining from shoving you off the bed. It's talking in accents just for shits and giggles, and trying to embarrass one another in public. It's going on adventures, and making fun of each other. It's stupid fights and memorable make ups. Love isn't pretty and romantic.. Love is just stumbling through life with your best friend. We spend all this time trying to make relationships perfect, when really, all I want, is someone who will laugh with me for the rest of my life." She propped herself up on her elbow and looked at me.
"If love isn't so romantic then why are you." She smiled and I laughed up at her.
"I wanna be with you." I said.
"And I wanna be with you. But..."
"Oh great." I laughed, she smiled at me and put her hand on my shoulder.
"But, Brooke." She said.
"I don't wanna be with Brooke."
"Yet you still are."
"I can change that." I said.
"Ok." She said. She laid back down on my shoulder and I kissed the top of her head.
"I love you." She mumbled.
"I love you too."