Car tunes

I flipped the radio on scan, since nothing good was on.
"Ooh!" Shan lunged forward and stopped it. Then she started to sing.
"And if you like, the way, you look that much, then baby you should go and love yourself!" She yelled.
"Oh my god turn this shit off." Spencer said.
"Hey! Mouth, young man." Alex scolded. I put the radio back on scan.
"Mom!" Shan said.
"Sorry hun, but I'm not listening to that." Spencer laughed from the back.
"That's so unfair, you always take the boys' side." She grunted.
"That's not true and you know it." I said. The song switched again and Spencer leaned forward to stop it. He started to rap with the radio.
"'Cause we gon' be up all night, fuck a decaf, You say I'm a tall thug, guess I'm a G-raffe, If ya want safe-sex, baby use the knee pads-" Alex changed the radio faster than I could even think about it.
"Hey!" Spencer said.
"Absolutely not. That song is disrespectful, inappropriate, and if I ever find you saying something like that to a girl I will not hesitate to drag you home by the ear." Shannon laughed and I let out a small grin that Alex caught. She couldn't help but smile back. The radio kept scanning.
"I agree, plus, there's much better music out there." I said.
"Mom, no offense but what do you know about music?" Spencer asked. As we pulled up to a red light, all four of us turned to look at him. Before someone could comment, he spoke.
"I know, I know, I regretted it as soon as I said it, you know a lot about music." The entire car filled with laughter. The radio kept scanning. It came to the next song.
"Oh, mom, this one." Jeff said from the back. He started to sing along.
"Wee ooh, I look just like Buddy Holly, oh oh, and you're Mary Tyler Moore, I don't care what they say about us anyway, I don't care about that."
"Thank god!" I yelled, "l raised a child with good taste in music!"