Perfect

Alex POV

I stormed home and slammed the door, not that there was anyone to hear it. I turned and leaned my back against the door. I started to cry, slow at first and then I was bawling. I slid down the door until I was sitting. I was heartbroken. Sure it was a bit hasty saying we shouldn't have the wedding, but I just wanted everything to be perfect, and I wanted to share it with Tobin. This day was symbolic of us being together forever, and that had to be perfect. Eventually I got up to make something to eat. I had put on sweatpants and one of Tobin's long sleeve tees. I was sitting on the couch with Tillie on my legs when there was a knock at the door. I was curious as to who it was, if it was Tobin she would've used her key.
"Kel?" I asked when I saw her.
"Hey Lex." She said with a sympathetic voice. It was obvious she knew what happened.
"Tobin's not here Kel." I said.
"So, we can't spend time together?" She said.
"Oh, well, yeah, we can." I smiled to her.
"Great, then cmon I know what we can do." She made me change at lightning speed and then we were out the door.
"Where are we going Kel?" I asked.
"Let's take a walk on the boardwalk." She said.
"Kel I don't really want to, the beach and the ocean, it all reminds me of Tobin." I shook my head.
"Cmon Lex, it'll be fun." We walked for a few blocks until we came to the gazebo. Kelley dragged me over there.
"Kelley, why would you take me here if all places?" I asked. As I was looking around at all the rubble, a light came on. Christmas lights in fact. They were here no over all the bricks and poles. I looked past one of the piles to see a piano with Tobin standing next to it.
"Oh my god." I whispered.
"Ok, ok," Tobin said walking towards me, "but imagine a ton more lights, and you know, less bricks, flowers and candles and-" she was cut off.
"And the aisle can go here, and the guests here-" Kelley started rambling.
"You know what, you do this." She said.
"Listen, I know it's not perfect, so if you don't love it we'll do it any other place any other time." She said.
"It's perfect." I said.
"And if it gets cold, we can wear jackets, or if it gets dark, we'll get more lights and, well if it rains-" I stopped her.
"Then we'll jut get a bit wet." I smiled. She leaned down to kiss me and I hugged her.
"I've got one more thing for you." She said. She walked back to the piano and I followed her, leaning against it. Kelley picked up a guitar and tuned it a bit.
"This has been the hardest song I've ever written. I started it the night of our first 'date', and I finished it an hour ago. It's given me sleepless nights, angry outbursts, and pure frustration. But none of that matters, because hopefully, it'll make you smile. And it'll be all worth it. This song is about us, and you. About how toxic we are, how reckless, how dangerous, how you and I together is a ticking time bomb, but how we love each other so much, that all of the other stuff, is overpowered. How we have the good and the bad, but we appreciate the good so much, that I can deal with the bad. Disputed all our imperfections, I wouldn't want it any other way. I want you, the way you are for the rest of our lives. This song, is about how much I love you." She smiled to me and started playing.

Babe, there's something tragic about you
Something so magic about you
Don't you agree?

She turned and smiled to me

Babe, there's something lonesome about you
Something so wholesome about you
Get closer to me

I walked over and sat down next to her

No tired sighs, no rolling eyes, no irony
No 'who cares', no vacant stares, no time for me

She shook her head with a smile still present.

Honey, you're familiar like my mirror years ago
Idealism sits in prison, chivalry fell on its sword
Innocence died screaming, honey, ask me I should know
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door

I smiled as I rested my head on her shoulder

Babe, there's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

Where to begin

Babe, there's something broken about this
But I might be hoping about this.

Oh, what a sin

She let out a small laugh, I imagine thinking about how much the lines applied to us

To the strand a picnic plan for you and me
A rope in hand for your other man to hang from a tree

Honey, you're familiar like my mirror years ago
Idealism sits in prison, chivalry fell on its sword
Innocence died screaming, honey, ask me I should know
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door

Honey, you're familiar like my mirror years ago
Idealism sits in prison, chivalry fell on its sword
Innocence died screaming, honey, ask me I should know
I slithered here from Eden just to hide outside your door

She finished the song and I just smiled over to her.
"I'm so lucky to have you." I said.
"Trust me, I'm the lucky one." She said.
"So, if you're still up for it, I'd love to marry you." She said with a shy smile. I laughed and too her hand in mine.
"Well if I don't marry you, who else will marry me." I said.
"Don't say that, we'll have guys lined up outside our door." I laughed again and leaned in to kiss her. Between the laughing and the "I love you's" being mumbled, it was less kissing and more of our smiling mouths bumping into each other, but I wouldn't have it any other way.