Tillie

Tobin POV

It took about two weeks, but we finally got the condo the way we liked it. We broke a minimal amount of furniture, and the splatter wall looks great.
"I freaking love our house!" This was a phrase commonly repeated by Alex in the last few days. I laughed as she walked by and pulled her onto me.
"Good. Glad I could deliver." She smiled as she leaned in and kissed me.
"The condo is so big." She said once she got up, "so much space." I laughed and agreed. We sat around watching movies the rest of the day until about six o'clock.
"Hey babe, I'll be back in an hour, Kel asked me to come over to help her with a song." I said putting a jacket on.
"Alright, but you'll be back before I fall asleep?" She asked. I nodded and leaned in to kiss her.
"Love you." I said walking out the door. She yelled an 'I love you too' and I shut the door. I hopped in my car and drove to my old house. I walked in to find Kelley in the couch.
"Hey Tobs, what are you doing here?" She asked.
"Ok, listen, I've got a surprise for Alex, but I'll need your help."
"What's going on?" She asked.
"Well lately, Alex and I have been talking about how big the condo was and she was saying how, especially when we go on tour, it'll seem really lonely." I said. She nodded her head.
"She's also been hinting, that she wants a dog." I said.
"Tobs." Kelley smiles, knowing where in going.
"So, you and me, are going to pick out a dog." I smiled. Kelley jumped up.
"Yay yay yay yay!" She grabbed her coat and ran to me.
"Let's go let's go let's go let's go let's go!" Kelley and I drove to the animal pound.
"Welcome to Paws and Anchor, can we do anything for you?" The receptionist asked.
"Hi, is like to adopt a dog." I smiled at her.
"Fantastic. Well our dogs are all down that hallway. When you find one you like, just tell our attendant that's there." I thanked her and Kelley and I walked down the hallway.
"Oh my god!" Kelley yelled running into the room. All the dogs took her down and piled on her as she fell to the floor. I walked in and laughed at the scene. Dogs of all shapes and sizes, licking Kelley to death. I took a seat in a near by stool to watch this unfold. I was laughing at Kelley when I felt something hit my ankle. I looked down to see a cream colored dog nudging me with his nose. His tag said he was a boxer and Labrador mix. I quirked an eyebrow at him. He sat down and just stared back at me. I gave him a grin and it almost looked like he was smiling back. He was small so I leaned down and picked him up with one hand. I held him in front of my face. He didn't struggle or squirm, he just kept still, like he trusted me completely. I looked in his eyes and smiled again.
"Hey Kel, you can stay and hang with your friends, but I've got my dog." I laughed at her. After what I said registered she jumped up.
"Which one?" She asked. When she saw him in my hands, she smiled with big eyes.
"Look at the little squishy baby!" She cooed. I laughed and told the attendant. I filled out paper work for about 45 minutes before we could go. Kelley and I drove around to get a crate, food, toys, and anything else we needed. I pulled up to my condo after I dropped Kelley off. The dog was in the crate and I put him behind a counter so Alex wouldn't see him.
"Lex? You home?" I asked.
"Yeah, I'm in our room babe, just give me a second." She came walking out of our room.
"Hey." She leaned over the counter to kiss me.
"So listen, I have a friend that I want you to meet tonight." I smiled.
"Aww babe I really just wanted to stay in tonight, watch a movie, just with you." She smiled. "You know, before you have to go back on tour." She said as she gave me puppy dog eyes.
"Lex, trust me, you'll want to meet him." I said.
"No, I just wanna be with you." She said.
"Well I'm sorry Lex, but he's already here." Her pleasing look turned to anger.
"To s are you serious? The plan really was to just spring this on me?" I walked around to her side of the counter.
"Hey hey hey, it's alright, trust me." I said giving her a hug.
"Fine, let's just go meet him them." She said breaking away.
"Wait there." I said going back to the other side of a counter. I bent down to open the crate as Alex looked at me puzzled.
"Alright Lex, if like you to meet..." I held the puppy up and her jaw dropped.
"Well, actually he doesn't have a name yet, I left that up to you." She walked around the counter.
"Oh my god look at the little puppy he's so adorable and ahhh." Alex strung her words together to make them one. I chuckled as she took the puppy.
"Ooh now we need the name." She said taking a seat in the floor. I sat next to her as the puppy settled in her legs.
"I want you to pick." She said. I brainstormed for a couple of minutes before an idea popped into my head.
"Alright, well we both like Asbury Park right?" I asked. She nodded.
"So what about Tillie? Asbury Park's mascot?" I suggested. She looked at the dog for a second.
"I think that's perfect." She leaned up and kissed me. I laughed.
"Will naming our kids be this easy?" I asked.
"No probably not." She laughed. We spent the rest of the day playing with and getting to know Tillie. At the end of the night, Alex and I cuddled into bed with Tillie in her arms. And her in mine.