This Is It

Alex POV

"Dude are you serious? I can't believe you'd say that." Ash said as she and the band walked into the house.
"Oh cmon that's hilarious." Tobin laughed.
"Yes. You know that. I know that. Most of the world knows that. But this is Alex. She needs everything to go perfect this Sunday." She said.
"I don't think it's that bad." She said.
"Tobin, you basically called her a bitch. Which is funny, but she'd be pissed if you said it on any given day, but you wrote it into your wedding vows you dipshit." She thumped her upside the head.
"Ok, not a fan of that." She said rubbing her head.
"Then fix your damn vows!" She said. I decided to walk out so they'd see me.
"Good to know you're taking your vows seriously Tobs." Her friends oohed and awwed behind her.
"Thanks guys." She said. We all sat around hanging out as Tobin worked on her vows, this is basically how the entire rest of the week went, Tobin scrambling to get ready for the wedding and the rest of us watching. Before we knew it, it was time.
The morning of the wedding I woke up at 6:00, which I presumed early, but unbeknownst to me, Tobin and the band had gotten up earlier to go surfing. Ali, Hope, and Christen were over in minutes helping me get ready. I heard the door open and close twice but I thought nothing of it. I brought out baskets of makeup, hair products, everything I'd need. I started to get ready but my friends just sat there looking at me.
"Guys, a little help?" I asked. They looked at each other.
"Alex, um," Ali sat down next to me. "Um, I'm never gunna get married!" She started to cry.
"What?" I asked.
"It's just," she sobbed, "you're marrying Tobin, and I don't know where Ash and I are going, and, it's just," she couldn't even finish through the tears.
"Ali, honey it's ok. Ash really likes you, and you guys are gunna date, and then get married, and have beautiful kids." I said taking her hands.
"Really?" She asked.
"Really." I nodded. I smiled.
"Ok, now, wedding." I said.
"Uh, Alex!" Hope said.
"Yes?" I turned to them starting to get annoyed.
"Uh, I-I-I have a crush on Kelley!" She said.
"You do?" I asked. She nodded.
"Yeah, um, for a while now." She said. I gave her a sly grin.
"I can help with that." I went back to make up.
"How are you gunna-" she started.
"I'll take care of it." I said. They looked at each other again.
"Alex!" Christen said.
"Ok, guys I love you, and I wanna help you, but my wedding is in 12 hours, and I need to look stunning." I said. They looked at each other again. They all sat down and put a hand on me.
"Alex, honey, there's something we need to tell you." They said. I nodded. I saw the door start to open and I saw Kelley poke her head in. Ali looked at me and started to speak.
"Just know that we all love you and are her for you."
"Ok Ali you're freaking me out here." I said.
"We can't find Tobin." She said. Kelley coughed and I saw her give a slight nod and thumbs up.
"-'s shirt. We can't find Tobin's shirt." She said quickly.
"We can't find Tobin's shirt." She said again. I paused for a second.
"What? How can that be? You can't find her shirt? What's she gunna wear if-" Kelley stopped me.
"We found the shirt. That- that was the thumbs up Alex." She laughed.
"Oh thank god! You had me worried there." I giggled.
"Yeah, we'll just have to keep a close eye on it and make sure we don't lose it again but..."
"Well then, let's get this show on the road!" For the next few hours, my friends helped me with my hair, makeup, dress, and everything in between. We finally finished up. It was 5:00 and from our condo I could see people starting to arrive. I looked down to the gazebo, we had gotten cream colored chairs with with sea green bows tied to the backs. Tobin was still at the band's place getting ready. The isle was a white carpet leading up to the steps of the gazebo. Time passed quickly and soon my friends and mother were getting me ready to go.
"You look so beautiful dear." She said holding back tears. She put a hand on my face, I thanked her with a smile.
"Hey Lex, before you get going, Tobin wanted you to have this." Ali said. She handed me a folded up note.
"Oh god, the cheesy love letter before the wedding?" I asked.
"Not exactly." She laughed while closing the door. I furrowed my brow and opened the note. There was much less than I expected there to be. All it said was,
Lex,
Turn on The Point radio (94.3).
I love you, Tobs
I smiled at her knowing I wouldn't remember the channel. I took her old radio and turned to the station. I caught the broadcaster in the middle of his sentence.
"...very special announcement. We have a message from Youthful Exuberance leader, Tobin Heath, to her fiancé Alex Morgan. This next song goes out to her. Alex Tobin would tell you how much she loves you, but she said she'd save it for the wedding." A smile broke out on my face. I turned the volume up as the sound of sweet strumming filled the air. Soon after, Tobin's voice took its place, but that was fine by me.

I met you in the dark
You lit me up
You made me feel as though
I was enough
We danced the night away
We drank too much
I held your hair back when
You were throwing up

Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute I was stone-cold sober
I pulled you closer to my chest
And you asked me to stay over
I said, I already told you
I think that you should get some rest

I knew I loved you then
But you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go
I knew I needed you
But I never showed
But I wanna stay with you
Until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

I wake you up with some breakfast in bed
I'll bring you coffee
With a kiss on your head
And I'll take the kids to school
Wave them goodbye
And I'll thank my lucky stars for that night

When you looked over your shoulder
For a minute, I forget that I'm older
I wanna dance with you right now, oh
And you look as beautiful as ever
And I swear that every day you'll get better
You make me feel this way somehow

I'm so in love with you
And I hope you know
Darling, your love is more than worth its weight in gold
We've come so far my dear
Look how we've grown
And I wanna stay with you
Until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

I wanna live with you
Even when we're ghosts
'Cause you were always there for me
When I needed you most

I'm gonna love you 'til
My lungs give out
I promise till death we part
Like in our vows
So I wrote this song for you
Now everybody knows
That it's just you and me
Until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

Oh, just say you won't let go

I quickly wiped my tears, not wanting to ruin my makeup. This made me sure. I was ready to start the rest of my life with Tobin. And start it now.
I walked out with my friends and stepped onto the isle. The first thing I saw was Tobin standing there with a white shirt and sea green bowtie, matching the bows on the chairs. She wore khaki pants and, yes, no shoes. I shook my head and smiled at her. Her mouth hung open and she covered it. She turned and squared so she was on the balls of her feet. Her shoulders bounced up and down, she was crying. This was it.