Help Wanted

Tobin POV

The calls rolled in those next few days, almost every school Alex applied to wanted an interview, or had already offered a job. I was sitting on the couch, jut messing around on the yellow guitar Alex gave me, when she came running down the hall. She wore a pastel pink sundress with two different shoes on. Her hair was pulled up into a bun and she wore a silver necklace I'd given her. It was from high school. A small eighth note, with our names on the back. She looked through a small stack of papers that had gathered on our counter.
"Need any help?" I asked putting the guitar down.
"I can't find my senior paper from college. It has my lesson plan and teaching philosophies in it. And I need it now because I have to leave in ten minutes and Tobin I need it now!" She said putting the papers down aggressively. I took her hands to get her to calm down.
"Hey, ok, I'll find it. You just go work on getting matching shoes." I said. She looked down and sighed. She buried her forehead in my shoulder.
"Tobin..." she dragged out.
"Hey, it's gunna be fine." I said. "They'd be crazy not to take you." The smiled and leaned up to kiss me.
"Thank you." She said walking back to our room to get shoes. I looked through the papers, only to find Alex's senior paper was right on top. I put it in her purse along with a water bottle, because I knew she'd get thirsty right before they called her in. She came back out, with matching shoes, and a white sweater pulled over her shoulders.
"How do I look?" She asked with a semi joking tone and she overzealously put a hand on her hip. I turned to face her.
"Like a women who's about get a job offer." I smiled walking to her and wrapping my arms around her waist.
"But also like a woman who might not be able to walk tomorrow." She pushed me away with a giggle.
"Alright, I've got to get going." She smiled picking up her purse.
"Drive safe." I smiled leaning against the counter.
"I love you." She said kissing me.
"I love you too." I heard the door shut and went back to the couch. Just as quickly as it shut, it opened.
"Dude, did you ever realize how many dogs live on your block? I mean I walked down the street to your house, and I saw literally seven! Seven dogs! That's insane, I only ever see like three on my street. And that's on a good day." I heard foot steps coming up.
"You know Kel, I'm so glad I gave you a key for important moments like this." I laughed.
"Hey, this was important." She said slumping down on the couch.
"Ash and JJ are on their way over." She smiled.
"Thank god I don't have to be alone with you any longer." I laughed. I started picking notes on the guitar, just messing around. Then Kelley started belting our nonsense words as loud as possible.
"Hey Kel next song you should take lead vocals." I said, not being able to hold back laughter.
"You think?" She asked, equally as sarcastic.
"Gimme that." She said reaching for the guitar. I yanked it back before she could get to it.
"Ah ah ah, go grab the white one." I said. She got up, but walks backwards facing me.
"Oh excuse me, I forgot. That's the special guitar that Alex gave you that no one else is allowed to touch." She mocked me but smiled, showing she was joking.
"Well excuse me for having feelings and attachments to things my wife give me." I laughed. She sat down and started plucking along with me.
"Hey if you're so great, sing something." She said.
"Fine, I will smart ass." I laughed. We plucked for a while looking for something that worked, until we found it.

Bibia be ye ye
I lost my shoes last night
I don't know where I put my keys
I was tired and fell asleep beneath an oak tree
I bet my mother's proud of me from each scar upon my knuckle
And each graze upon my knee, and all I know is
I got a cab and then threw up on his car seat
He kicked me out and then I walked in the rain
I tell myself in every way I won't be doing this again
And tomorrow's a brand new day

I got up and faced Kelley

Someone told me, always say what's on your mind
And I am only, being honest with you, I I get lonely
And make mistakes from time to time
Se enioma enko ye (if thing's aren't working out)
Bibia Be Ye Ye (everything will be alright)
Bibia Be Ye Ye Ye Ye Ye Ye Ye
Bibia Be Ye Ye

I remember less and less, and mostly things that I regret
In my phone are several texts, from girls I've never met
And in the pocket of my jeans, are only coins and broken dreams
My heart is breaking at the seams
And I'm coming apart now

U
Now things are looking up, I'll find my shoes right next to the oak tree
And I'll get a bus straight into town
And spend the afternoon looking around for the things that I left on the ground
And say it with me tomorrow's a brand new day

Someone told me, always say what's on your mind
And I am only, being honest with you, I I get lonely
And make mistakes from time to time
Se enioma enko ye (if thing's aren't going well)
Bibia Be Ye Ye
Wo nooma (Be Ye Ye) (Your problems will be solved)
Wo nooma maaaa ye
Wo nooma (Be Ye Ye)
Wo nooma maaaa ye
Wo nooma (Be Ye Ye)
Wo nooma maaaa ye
Wo nooma (Be Ye Ye)
Wo nooma maaaa ye
Someone told me, always say what's on your mind
And I am only, being honest with you, I I get lonely
And make mistakes from time to time
Se enioma enko ye (if thing's aren't going well)
Bibia Be Ye Ye
Bibia Be Ye Ye Ye Ye Ye Ye Ye
Bibia Be Ye Ye
Wo nooma (Be Ye Ye)
Wo nooma maaaa ye
Wo nooma (Be Ye Ye)
Wo nooma maaaa ye
Bibia Be Ye Ye Ye Ye Ye Ye Ye
Wo nooma (Be Ye Ye)
Wo nooma maaaa ye
Wo nooma (Be Ye Ye)
Wo nooma maaaa ye

"Hey thanks for waiting for us jackass." Ash said walking in. I smiled and fistbumped her and JJ.
"So not that that wasn't great," Kelley said, "but what language was that in?" Kelley laughed.
"It's called Twi, apparently they speak if in Ghana." I shrugged. They looked at me confused.
"I don't know, Alex had been studying it." I said.
"Why?" JJ asked.
"Because on our honeymoon we may or may not have somehow got stranded there for a day." I said.
"See it's always an adventure with you isn't it?" Ash asked.
"Well whatever the hell that was, it's definitely going on the new album." Kelley said high giving me. We messed around for a while more until we heard the door open.
"Alex?" I called down.
"Hey." She said, not sounding thrilled. I sprang up and met her at the top of the stairs.
"Hey you alright?" I asked. She leaned in and hugged me.
"What's up?" I asked as I felt her slump down. Before I could register what was happening, she pulled back and was screaming.
"I got the job!" She yelled and started jumping up and down. My friends cheered and congratulated.
"Never do that again." I laughed. She laughed too and hugged me again.
"I'm proud of you." I said, "I knew you could do it." She smiled and kissed me.
"So is this the one?" I asked.
"I think so," she nodded, "Il be teaching American history and Red Bank Regional High School!" She cheered, as did we.
"Hey, I say we all go out and celebrate tonight, sound like a plan?" I asked.
Everyone agreed, so we got our coats, and headed out.