New Beginnings

Alex POV

"It really is beautiful isn't it?" She asked. She smiled as she looked out over the city. I nodded as I looked at her. She had her arms leaning on the rail as she was looking around. Tonight, Tobin and I had walked up the Eiffel Tower. We found an area with less people around. She looked back at me and smiled. She pressed her forehead to mine.
"Thank you for sharing this with me." She whispered before kissing me.
"I love you." I said.
"I love you too." We pulled back and I rested my head in her shoulder while she put an arm around me.
"When we get home," I started, "I-I think I wanna get a job." I said timidly.
"A job?" She asked, "I mean sure, if you want one, but why the sudden interest?"
"I don't know, but I have my bachelors education college degree just sitting at home, and I might as well use it." She laughed at this.
"Do what's the plan?" She asked.
"Well I've already done student teaching, I would have to apply for a license to teach, and I then I was thinking I'd apply to some high schools around us." I said. She smiled at me.
"Well you've got it all figured out." She kissed me and we left. We walked around Paris for a while, being it was our lay night. I sent my papers in in the airport so I could start applying for the license sooner than later. In a few weeks it went through and I could start applying.
"Tobin! I need you to drop these applications off at the post office today!" I yelled to her upstairs. She came down and started looking through them.
"What do we have here... Manasquan High, Shore Regional, Raritan High, Long Branch High, Red Bank Regional, Manalapan High, Ridge High, and Keyport High. Eight schools Lex, ever think it's overkill?" She laughed.
"Tobin I really want one of these jobs." I said.
"And you'll get one." She stood up and wrapped her arms around me. Tobin left to drop the applications at the post office, pick up some groceries and headed to Kelley's for a bit. I was sitting in the couch when the phone rang.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Hi, is this Mrs. Heath?" A voice asked.
"Yes, who's speaking?" I asked.
"Oh where are my manors, I'm Dr. Paul Harrison, I'm the principle over at Manasquan High, we received your application and we think you'd fit right in here. There's a U.S. History teaching spot open. We'd love it if you could come down for an interview, say, May 31st?" He asked. I couldn't believe it, how could they already have gotten the application?
"Um yes, of course, I'd love to!" I said.
"Fantastic, we'll see you then." We exchanged goodbyes and hung up. I was ecstatic. I'd wanted to be a teacher since I was a child and now it was starting to happen. Tobin came in a little while later.
"Tobin Tobin Tobin Tobin Tobin Tobin!" I yelled.
"Yes yes yes yes yes yes?" She asked.
"Manasquan High called, they asked me to come down and be interviewed!" I said jumping up and down.
"That's fantastic!" She wrapped me in a tight hug and spun around.
"But how did they get my application already?" I asked.
"Well instead of going to the post office, I may have dropped each application off at the schools." She smiled.
"When are you going to stop being so perfect?" I asked with a smile just as wide. She laughed. And started to respond.
"The second you do."

~Authors Note~
Ok so obviously this is kind of a filler chapter, just putting things in place for the future and such. Plus I wrote it at like 1 am last night. Don't judge, I get enough of that. Anyway how are you guys, haven't seen you all in a while huh? As always, don't be afraid to leave any questions, comments, concerns, nasty remarks, or all four of you're up to the challenge. In fact do it. Do one or all four, I dare you.
Anyway, love ya guys, ✌🏼 -out!