Something I Need

Tobin POV

"So you've got a plan?" I ask.
"Yeah. I think I'm gunna ask her out tonight while we help you plan." Ash said.
"I think you're golden dude." I pulled into our driveway. And the four of us got our bags out.
"Honey, I'm home." I jokingly called. I saw Alex round the stairs. She was wearing this tight blue dress, mountains of makeup, and tall blue heels.
"Hey babe." She said. My friends were starring at her too. I coughed niece to clear my throats.
"Uh, h-hai." My words stumbled out.
"I missed you." She smiled making her way down to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and locked me in a searing kiss.
"You ok." I asked her. She leaned up and put her lips against my ear.
"Why wouldn't I be? You're here." She whispered. She walked back up the stairs leaving my friends and I WITH out jaws open.
"Dude...?" Kelley asked.
"No. Fucking. Clue." I said. We dropped our things and slipped off of shoes before walking upstairs. Ali, Hope, and Christen were looking through wedding magazines. Ali looked up and I saw Ash blush and smile at her. I smirked to myself.
"So how was it guys?" Hope asked.
"It was good." Kelley smiled, "lotta fun." I saw Alex start to fidget a bit.
"So, let's get started." She said.
"Let's get a date." She said. That took a while. Between days that worked for the band and days Alex wanted, there was slim pickings. We finally narrowed it down to May 7th. We decided to go for a beach wedding, and to have it under the stars. Alex chose the colors, a pale yellow, turquoise, gold and silver. They looked through dresses for a while before narrowing down to their favorites. After a few hours we decided to relax.
"Hey what if we go to a club?" Alex asked out if no where.
"A club?" I repeated.
"Yeah, lets have like a wild night." She said.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because it's fun." She said.
"Lex, no one wants to go to a club." They nodded in agreement.
"Fine, then how about we call some friends and have a part here?" She said.
"Like an engagement party? Because I think that's something you plan." I said.
"No like a blow out party, for fun!" She said. She started to ramble until I stood up.
"Lex, are you sure you're ok?" I asked.
"Yeah, why?" She said.
"Well, the club, the party, the dress that you'd only ever wear to a club or party." I said. "What's going on?"
"God, sorry for making an effort Tobin." She scoffed.
"No it's not that, because you make an effort all the time. This is like overkill. You're acting like you insane Lex." I laughed.
"I'm just trying to have fun with you, and go to parties and get wasted because apparently that's what you love to do. And when we have kids one day that's all they'll know about you and I'll never see you because you'll be out partying all the time!" She said as she ran down the hallway to our bedroom and shit the door. I looked back to our friends.
"I think I have something to fix." I said walking towards the room. I slowly opened the door and shut it behind me.
"What, just..." I trailed off. She sighed out.
"Lex, I'm not gunna be out partying and drinking all the time." I tried to hold in a laugh.
"But that song. Did that really-" I cut her off.
"Ok yeah those things did happen, but they're not a regular thing. Plus we don't have kids yet, if we did, I wouldn't do this. But I figured why not let lose the nights before our show, you know." She nodded but didn't look at me.
"Do you, do you ever regret not being with one of those Hollywood stars? Someone who'd go to those parties with you and who could constantly tour with you?" She asked.
"Not even for a second. Alex we've been sorta kinda together for four years." She laughed at this. "And after all this time, I'm still into you. And jut you. There's no one else I want with me." She nodded.
"In fact, while we were coming home, I had them help me write a song for you. I was gunna save it for the wedding night, but it's perfect for now, and I can always write another one." She giggled as I pulled her up to lead her to where we kept our instruments. I called my friends in and they started to play with me.

I had a dream the other night
About how we only get one life
Woke me up right after two
Stayed awake and stared at you
So I wouldn't lose my mind

And I had the week that came from hell
And yes I know that you could tell
But you're like the net under the ledge
When I go flying off the edge
You go flying off as well

And if you only die once I wanna die with
You got something I need
In this world full of people there's one killing me
And if we only die once, (hey)
I wanna die with you (you, you, you)
You got something I need
In this world full of people there's one killing me
And if we only die once, (hey)
I wanna die with you (you, you)

Last night I think I drank too much, yeah
Call it our temporary crutch, hey
With broken words I've tried to say
Honey don't you be afraid
If we got nothing we got us (Yeah)

And if you only die once I wanna die with
You got something I need
In this world full of people there's one killing me
And if we only die once, (hey)
I wanna die with you (you, you, you)
You got something I need
In this world full of people there's one killing me
And if we only die once, (hey)
I wanna die with you (you, you, you)

I know that we're not the same
But I'm so damn glad that we made it
To this time, this time, now (yeah)

You got something I need
Yeah in this world full of people there's one killing me
And if we only die once I wanna die with you (heeyy)
You got something I need
In this world full of people there's one killing me
And if we only die once, (hey)
I wanna die with you (you, you, you)
You got something I need
In this world full of people there's one killing me
And if we only die once, (hey)
I wanna die with you (you, you, you)

If we only die once (hey) I wanna die with
If we only live once I wanna live with you

"We're gunna be just fine." I told her.
"As long as it's us, together. You hear me?" She laughed. I wrapped one arm around her neck from the side and kissed the top of her head.
"You and me babe." I smiled back.