Home

Tobin POV

"Babe! Where my blue sweater?" Alex calls from my room. I walk in and lean against the door frame. She's standing in front of the closet searching for it wearing only jeans and a bra.
"Umm, not sure, last time I saw it, it was on your body. Well actually, that's not true. Last time I saw it, it was on my bedroom floor." I say walking up behind her and wrapping my arms around her waist. She laughs as I come into contact with her bare skin and holds my arms. She turns her head to kiss me.
"You're funny. But it's so weird. I feel like a cant find any of my clothes lately. Maybe I'm just going crazy." She laughs again. Truth is, Alex wasn't going crazy. She didn't know it, but I bought the condo. Slowly but surely, I've been moving our stuff from the house to the new place. Honestly I don't know how Alex missed it when I took my bedside table away. I planted a kiss on her cheek and walked away.
"Just pick something out. You'll look good in anything." She laughs and I see her throw on a pink sweater.
"What do you wanna do today?" She asks.
"Hmmm, I was thinking maybe head over to Six Flags. Get outta the house, have some fun?" I ask. She nods, saying that'd be fun. We drive there and arrive around noon. I take her in and although it took some convincing, we go on ride after ride. We get cotton candy, popcorn, churros, anything she wants. We're walking hand in hand to our next ride of choice when we start to walk by the park stage. I look over and there's people crowded in front of it. Before I can look to see what it is, Alex beats me to it.
"Babe look, it's dancing!" She squeals. She pulls me over there and under the ropes.
"Lex you've known me for four years, in that time, when have I ever been good at dancing?" I laugh.
"You're not as bad as you think." She says leaning into me.
"I don't know Lex." I say.
"Well I guess we could go home." She says. I look at my watch, 4:25.
"On second thought, let's dance." I say. She seems surprised, but I can't have her getting home just yet. She pulls me to the floor as a slow song comes on. She leans her head against my chest and puts her hands up under my arms and rests them on my shoulder blades. I let my hands fall to her waist and I pull her closer.

Wrapped up, so consumed by all this hurt
If you ask me, don't know where to start
Anger, love, confusion
Roads that go nowhere
I know that somewhere better
'Cause you always take me there

Came to you with a broken faith
Gave me more than a hand to hold
Caught before I hit the ground
Tell me I'm safe, you've got me now

I felt her tug in the collar of my jacket so I rested my head in her shoulder

Would you take the wheel
If I lose control?
If I'm lying here
Will you take me home?

Could you take care of a broken soul?
Will you hold me now?
Oh, will you take me home?

Hold the gun to my head, count 1, 2, 3
If it helps me walk away then it's what I need
Every minute gets easier
The more you talk to me
You rationalize my darkest thoughts
Yeah, you set them free

I took a deep breath in. Since the day I met her, she still smelled like vanilla and cherry blossoms.

Came to you with a broken faith
Gave me more than a hand to hold
Caught before I hit the ground
Tell me I'm safe, you've got me now

Would you take the wheel
If I lose control?
If I'm lying here
Will you take me home?

Could you take care of a broken soul?
Oh, will you hold me now?
Oh, will you take me home?

You say space will make it better
And time will make it heal
I won't be lost forever
And soon I wouldn't feel
Like I'm haunted, oh, falling

You say space will make it better
And time will make it heal
I won't be lost forever
And soon I wouldn't feel
Like I'm haunted, oh, falling

You say space will make it better
And time will make it heal
I won't be lost forever
And soon I wouldn't feel
Like I'm haunted, oh, falling

Would you take the wheel
If I lose control?
If I'm lying here
Will you take me home?

Could you take care of a broken soul?
Oh, will you hold me now?
Oh, will you take me home?
Oh, will you take me home, home?
Oh, will you take me home?

As the song came to a close, I lifted her head by her chin to make her look at me.
"Hey," I said, "Thanks for taking care of this broken soul." I whispered. She smiled at me before pulling me into a hug. She kissed my ear and rubbed my back.
"I love you." She said.
"I love you too." A smiled.
"Can we go home?" She asked, still holding onto my arm. I checked my phone. 5:30 and a text from Kelley that just said, done.
"Yeah, let's go." We walked back to the car, my arm hung over her shoulder but still holding hands. The ride back was quiet but comfortable. We got home and Alex kissed me before walking up to the door. I was taking care of something in the car when I heard a scream. I ran up to her.
"What? What's going on Lex?" I asked before looking at the room.
"Tobin, we've been robbed!" She gestured to the house. Our couch and chairs were gone, along with the tv, bookshelf, kitchen counter and everything else. I just stood there with a smile.
"Look at this!" She said as she walked into the house. I didn't move. She turned around and saw me.
"How are you not freaking out?" She asked.
"Come with me." I motioned for her to follow. She asked many questions, but I eventually got her in the car. I drive about three blocks before we got out.
"Tobin why'd you bring me here?" We were standing in front of the condo Alex wanted a few weeks ago. I took her hand and led her inside. We walked up to condo 11 and I opened the door. Kelley, Ash, and JJ were all standing there leaning against the couch, our couch. They all waved and said small hellos. Alex looked around for a second. She took in the blue and yellow walls. The sliding glass doors that lead to a balcony, and then the furniture.
"All our furniture, what's it doing here?" She asked.
"Welcome to our new home." I smiled at her.
"Are you..." She stopped herself. I shook my head.
"This is ours." I laughed back. She looked around once more before running up to me and jumping into my arms. I caught her and started to laugh.
"Thank you thank you thank you!" She yelled.
"You're welcome babe." I laughed. I felt her start to cry a bit.
"Thank you for taking me home."