Caught

Tobin POV

"You excited?" I asked Alex as we got into a car. It was our first show back in Jersey. We were playing at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park.
"I am SOOOOOOO excited!" She said taking my hand.
"I wanna get crepes on the boardwalk, I wanna go to the Paramount theatre, I wanna get Day's ice cream, I wanna-" I had to cut her off.
"Ok, babe, you do realize that we live there, right?" I asked with a laugh. She playfully rolled her eyes at me.
"Yeah I know, but we're gunna be away for a while so I wanna do all our favorite things." She said.
"Trust me, this will be a trip to remember." I gave her a smile.
"Are we staying at your house?"
"Yup, the label let us." I nodded. She seemed happy with this and fist pumped the air. I laughed at her as we continued to drive.
We got to my house about an hour later and just dropped out things at the door.
"Ugh, I'm beat." I said plopping down on the couch. Alex sat down next to me but then sat up.
"You know," she said touching my shoulder, "we have a little time before your friends get here." I looked over to see her biting her lip.
"For you, all we need is a little." I said with a sly smile. Her mouth dropped open, but she was trying not to smile. She shifted over to sit facing me on my lap.
"I'll show you who only needs a little time." I laughed at her but then leaned up to kiss her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I rested my hands on her hips. As she wrapped her legs around my waist my hands traveled farther down and I felt her smile. I smiled back at her. I started to tug on the thick sweater she was wearing. She lifted her arms and I started to pull it up. I got it to her chin before we heard a noise. The door swung open.
"Yeah, exactly. That's why I don't think people should dress their pets as humans. It's just a pet peeve of mine, if you will." It was my friends. They couldn't see us because we were on the couch and the door was blocking us from view. Alex and I looked at each other. I yanked her sweater back down and she crawled off of me. I looked at her. Her hair looked crazy. I made a face and she knew what I meant. She sprinted to my room and shut the door.
"Hey guys!" I said as my friends noticed me.
"Hey Tobs, sorry, we would've called when we got closer but Kelley had us listening to her RIVETING story about animals in costumes." Ash rolled her eyes.
"OOOOHHHHH yeah wanna hear Tobin?" Kelley asked, wide eyed. I put my hand up to stop her.
"No, you know what? That's alright, save it for dinner or something." She nodded enthusiastically and picked up he suitcase.
"Hey guys!" Alex walked out of my room. Her hair was fixed, her makeup reapplied, and her clothes seemed to be smoothed out. I smiled at her as she walked over to me, resting her head on my chest and wrapping her arms around my waist. I put an arm around her shoulders and kissed the top of her head.
"Alright, well we're gunna put our bags down." JJ said as the three of them walked to their designated rooms. I watched as they walked in and once I knew they couldn't see me I turned and crashed my lips into Alex's. She returned the kiss with a smile.
"Oh!" Ash called from her room. We heard her coming and pulled away.
"And next time, don't be too obvious when you get caught." She sent a wink our way. Alex and I looked at each other.
"How'd you know?" She asked, her cheeks turning red.
"Oh please, you amateurs. One, Alex's makeup looks like she just applied it, correct?" Alex just nodded.
"Mmhmm, and Tobin, I just needed to look at you for a second. Your cheeks were flushed, you were so wired, and you were breathing pretty heavy dude. If you were a guy, you woulda, well, you would, you woulda been 'Saluting the general' if you know what I mean." She laughed as she walked back into her room. Alex and I looked at each other.
"We suck." I laughed. She returned it as I sat back on the couch.
"Nope, uh uh, we only got a few hours before your show, so we're gunna go have fun, outside the house." She said trying to pull me up.
"You were pretty set on having fun inside the house a second ago." I said. She glared at me.
"Ok ok, I'm getting up." I said.
"And?" She asked.
"And I'm getting your coat." I said walking back to my room to get our jackets.
"Thank you." She called back. I walked back with both our jackets.
"Ready?" She asked.
"Yes dear." I said.
"Nope, not doing that, makes me feel like I'm 90." I laughed.
"Alright, then what can I call you?" I asked as we walked out of the door.
"Hmm, baby, babe, darling, love, beautiful, hon, princess." She swung our interlocked hands as she smiled at me.
"You know, I really like darling, I think it's underrated." I smiled. She returned it as we kept walking. We had a great day, a movie, lunch, the pinball museum in the boardwalk, couldn't get any better. Eventually we got back home.
"Hour till the show." I said kissing her in her head and taking her jacket as she sat on the couch.
"Is there time for a little disco nap?" She asked.
"Are you gunna wanna change?" I asked knowing how long she could take to change. She shook her head, her eyes already closed as she lied down.
"Then yeah, there's time." I put our jackets away and took a seat on the bed. I picked up the guitar and started to strum. I got maybe a few seconds in until I heard a voice.
"Toby?" I heard a soft yet raspy voice call. I out the guitar down and walked out.
"Yeah Lex?" I asked.
"Where'd you go?" She said.
"To let you take a nap." I laughed. She smiled back at me.
"You're such a doof." She laughed.
"What?" I asked.
"I wanted you to take a nap with me!" She said still laughing. I just smiled back at her.
"Well cmere!" She said moving over. I slipped in behind her and wrapped her in my arms. I heard her sigh and felt her lips against my neck for a second.
"Today was great." She whispered. I whispered back.
"Trust me, tonight will be even better."