Taking Him Home

Peter led Abandon to his house. He told him all about his aunt and uncle and how nice they were. He wasn't sure if they liked pets but he was sure that they would like Abandon.

He pushed open the door and Abandon strode forward, gulping a bit. He didn't know how Peter's aunt and uncle would like him so he plastered his wings against his side. He didn't want anyone to know about his wings since that would be very hard to explain. He relaxed a bit and took in a rattled breath.

"Don't worry," assured Peter before he strode into the kitchen with Abandon trailing him.

"Where have you been," asked an older man before he spun around to eye his nephew. He raised an eyebrow as his gaze turned to Abandon.

"I was a little distracted," confessed Peter as he kneeled down and began to stroke Abandon between the ears. Abandon's eyes brightened a bit and he whimpered, struggling to speak human in case he scared Peter's uncle. "I found him on the streets without a collar so I think he was a stray."

"May," called the man before he lowered down on his knees and stretched out a hand toward Abandon. Abandon growled a bit but Peter pushed him forward a bit and he relaxed. He looked up at the man and pricked his ears as he licked his fingers. They tasted like chicken!

The man chuckled before an older women came behind him, a rag thrown over her shoulder. "What do you need Ben?"

Ben stood up and looked down on the small pup. "Peter found him. He's certainly a stray with that dirty coat."

Aunt May looked to Peter who smiled hopefully. "Oh no," she argued as her hands were thrown up in the air. "We are not bringing a mangy mutt into this house!"

"Please Aunt May," begged Peter as he scooped up the pup and Abandon licked his chin, trying to show his affection for Peter. He wanted to stay with this family since he knew that Peter could and would protect him from the other humans who would experiment on him even more than he was already experimented on.

Aunt May's eyes softened as he saw Abandon rested his head on Peter's shoulder. Peter stroked his back and dust fell from it.

Aunt May sighed and saw that her husband was also wanting the puppy. "Fine but you're going to have to give him a bath."