Chapter 2

"I start a new job tomorrow." He chuckled as they entered her house, "Well shouldn't you be home resting-" "Don't Go all bossy on me." He smirked, she shook her head "Kitchens through, there... I'll be two minutes, I just need to speak to Nadia." "Who?" "My childminder." She stated moving into the living room. He walked into the kitchen, placing the bag on the breakfast counter as Connie paid Nadia and shown her out.

He looked awkwardly as a little girl, no older than five, strolled into the kitchen. "Who are you?" She frowned, brushing some hair from her face, "I'm a friend of you Mummy's." He smiled, she nodded "Gracie, Why aren't you in bed?" Connie looked as she strolled into the kitchen, "I can't sleep." She looked "And who's that?" She added, "Never you mind, bed." "But Mummy-" "Nah ah, bed." Connie stated firmly, "Can you read me a story." She grinned cheekily, "You Grace Beauchamp drive a hard bargain." Connie smiled, "Go on up, I won't be a minute." "Can I have a drink too please." She called as she rushed upstairs, "Anything else?" Connie muttered under her breath quietly, Jacob chuckled gently "Sorry, I shan't be too long." "Don't worry about it." He smiled

Connie came and lay on the bed, lifting the book Grace had picked, reading it softly. "Mummy?" Grace whispered as she turned on her side "Yes Baby." "I miss Daddy." "He's only been gone a weekend, you get to see him after school tomorrow." "I know, but he went far away." Connie chuckled gently, "He went to London Grace, it's not that far." Grace smiled and continued to listen to her mother read until she eventually drifted off.

She came and took a seat next to him, "Sorry." "Stop saying sorry." He chuckled, "Sorry." He rolled his eyes as she laughed gently, "How old is she?" "Five." Connie looked, "You and the Dad-" "No. No. God no, not ever." She squirmed, "You have a child." "Yes. I wanted a child, he had the best genes." She smirked, he shook his head in disbelief a small chuckle passing his lips. "It sounds worse." She uttered, "I'm sure it does." "He got what he wanted for a few months and so did I." "Is he involved." "To be fair, he's irritatingly involved." She mumbled.

They stumbled into her room, Jacob pressing her against the door as their lips battled. His hands fumbling with her top, Connie thankful for the darkness, as he threw it off. He moved to suck on her neck allowing her to slip his clothes off, along with the rest of her own. Lifting her her up, he moved over to the bed, a devilish grin on both their faces.

She lay with her head on his chest, the light from the moon shining through. "Well a first kiss with a stranger led to this." He smirked, she laughed gently "What can I say, you're quite the charmer." She turned her head to face him. "I should probably get going." "No, don't... I mean, I've just not slept next to someone for a while, it's nice." "I'll need to leave at six, latest." She smiled gently, watching as he turned the bedside lamp on, she quickly pulled the quilt right to her chest, "I want to see you, see how beautiful you look." She shook her head "No." "Please." She exhaled, hesitantly moving the quilt away, he looked over her naked body "God you look beautiful." He uttered moving to kiss her, she placed her hand to his chest "You don't see them?" "See what?" "The scars." He shrugged "Do I?" She smiled a little allowing his lips to press to hers, before they lay together. "What they from?" Turning on her side she moved to face him "I had Breast cancer, three years ago now." She whispered, he moved to cup her cheek, his thumb moving back and fourth "You look beautiful." "I don't feel it." "Is that why you did that today?" She nodded softly, "No ones seen me like this since before..." she trailed, "Three years without sex?" He asked, "Not everything revolves around sex ." "But it is pretty good." She rolled her eyes with a small chuckle, "You need to sleep." "Probably." He chuckled "Definitely." She smiled, "Night Sweetcheeks." He smirked, "I'm not even going to ask." She mumbled, "Night." She added.