Chapter 84

She woke early the next morning, looking at the empty space. She'd hoped for him to have fought a little harder after everything, quickly she picked her phone up. Nothing. Not even so much as a thought. "Mum!" Grace called, "Yeah?" "Dad's here!" "Coming." She called back, slipping her dressing gown on and waving her elder daughter off. 

"Morning." The woman smiled as he stirred, he frowned as he rubbed his eyes looking at her, remembering last night. "Don't worry nothing happened... you fell asleep." He rubbed his face sighing "Rebecca, I've got to go." He uttered, pulling his clothes on frantically "I won't tell her, Connie." Jacob scoffed, making sure he had her ring "Last night I was drunk, sometimes you lose sight... I don't care if you wouldn't tell her, I wouldn't do that to her." he snipped.

"Mummy?" Eliana frowned as she watched her bring the bags down from upstairs, she discreetly dried her eyes "Yes baby?" "What are you doing?" "Nothing important." Connie smiled, "You go and play for me." Eliana nodded "Can you put frozen on, please." Connie nodded going to put it on for her.

"Connie?" He asked, stepping into the house. "You weren't at Charlie's last night so where did you go?" Connie asked harshly, shutting the door to the living room. "Connie-" "No! You didn't even try Jacob, not a message- Take your things and go." he looked to the bags, clocking on. "Because I danced with a woman?" "No! I know you went back with her! You've barely even spent time with me and she makes a few jokes and you jump into bed with her?" Connie yelled, "Connie I didn't!" He yelled back, "Maybe I should have, might make this a bit more reasonable!" "No one is forcing you to live here Jacob!" "I want to be here! Get a grip, Connie!" "I just want you to go... Go back to hers or whatever- I couldn't care anymore, you wouldn't like it if I was all over someone like that, went back to their house." 

He took a seat on the stair next to her as she slumped down crying, he sighed moving his arm around her, "You really want me to go?" She shrugged "I didn't want you to last night but you did-" "You told me to, I know I'm usually good at the signs but I was drunk." "All over her." Connie snipped, Jacob rolled his eyes "I didn't mean to be... But you were just sat there, face on you like a slapped arse, Course I was about to snap up fun." she scoffed "See things from my side." She snipped, "Everyone is having fun, I can't drink and some woman is all over you, the man I love, and he's welcoming it." he sighed heavily "Tell me what to do Con, to make it better." He pleaded, "Don't look at her like that- look at me like that, make me feel special because I really don't." She whispered, tears rolling down her cheeks. He inhaled deeply, holding her tightly as he placed a kiss in her hair. 

"You don't half get into some states." He groaned, "Sorry." She whispered, "Shhh, look at me." He pleaded, "You are the most wonderful woman, perfect in fact and I know you don't believe it and I wish you did- I wish you'd see how much I love you-" "I know you love me but sometimes that isn't enough." She sighed, "Things have been busy recently, we both can admit that and I know we haven't had much us time but it doesn't mean I'm about to disappear." she nodded falling into him, staying like that for some time. "You putting this back on?" He questioned, she nodded allowing him to slip the ring on. He cupped her cheeks, "I'm so sorry you ever felt like that Con." "I'm getting bigger by the day and we haven't spent much time together, I thought you were going off me." "Not ever." He spoke honestly, holding her closely. "Is Mummy okay?" Eliana asked as she looked at the pair. Jacob nodded, "I think Mummy needs cuddles." Eliana came over, Jacob lifting her up the three hugging each other quietly.