Chapter 50

"Where's my Daddy?" Eliana asked as Connie put her daughters shoes on, "He's on his was home baby." Connie smiled, moving to sit her in her on the floor. Grace jumped down the stairs. "You excited for your first day El?" Grace smiled, "Yeah." She smiled, Connie smiled kissing her head. "Daddy stay with us?" "Not this morning." Connie smiled. "How's my big girl doing?" Connie smiled, moving to hug her. "Mum." Grace groaned as Jacob walked in.

Jacob lifted her into the air causing her to giggle loudly, "Who's a big girl?" He questioned, "Me!" She squealed. "And which chair is my princess taking?" "Princesses." She smiled Jacob laughed kissing her head. Placing her down he came over to the girls, Eliana crawling back into the living room. "How's Firecracker?" He asked, "Tired." She sighed, going to sit on the sofa. He moved his arms around her, "You okay?" He smiled, "Yeah, you?" She asked, "Ready for bed." "You don't have to come with us." "I want to." He smiled kissing her. "What time am I picking you up?" He asked, "Twelve... I might ask them to do afternoons then I won't need to come back for Grace and she can sleep longer." Jacob nodded "Whatever is best for you two." She smiled kissing her head.

"Say bye to Grace." Connie smiled, "I want Grace." Eliana cried, Connie sighed and moved to kiss Grace's head, hugging her. "She'll stop in a minute, go and be good." Grace smiled "Bye mum, I love you." "I love you too." "Bye Firecracker." Grace moved to hug him, "See you later Jacob." She smiled skipping off to her friends. "El, she'll be back home later, she has to go to school." Connie smiled, "I want Grace." She sobbed, Connie knelt down before her wheel chair. "You don't want to look silly in front of your new friends, she'll be back home after." Connie smiled, wiping away her tears. "Grace has to go to school like you, she wasn't crying." Jacob smiled, Eliana nodded with a sniffle. Connie smiled kissing her head.

With Eliana's extra needs she only stayed at school for half the time the others did, Connie having to stay with her. "I like this chair, it's very pink." Her teacher smiled, "It's princess." She grinned as Connie lifted her out. "She'll be okay crawling on this floor?" "Yeah, she's got her knee pads on." Connie smiled, placing her down Eliana raced of, on her hands and knees, to the carpet where the others sat.

Connie watched her as she played with the other children, a smile on her lips, thankful for the children getting on. "Eliana's Mummy?" A boy smiled, Connie smiled at him "I need the toilet." Connie stood up, showing him to the toilets before coming back to where she sat. "El." Connie called, she came over "Mummy." Connie moved her on to her own lap, pulling her knee pads back up. "Careful of your teeth baby." Connie spoke gently, Eliana nodded. "You having fun?" Connie smiled, "Poppy and Alfie are my friends." "That's good baby." Connie smiled kissing her temple. "We have to go soon." "Aw." She sighed, "We'll be back tomorrow." Connie smiled, Eliana nodded before crawling off as Connie placed her back down.

"Did my princess have a good day?" He asked as they came out the main entrance, Eliana nodded "Yeah!" She smiled as he lifted her up, putting her in the car, Connie moving her chair to the boot of the car. "I think someone's tired." Jacob smiled, "Hungry." She smirked cheekily. Jacob laughed kissing her head. "I think we can have a special lunch... but we can't tell Grace." "No." She smiled. "You have fun Sweetcheeks?" He smirked, "I loved every second." She mumbled, he laughed kissing her head. "Well I think our princess wants a special lunch." He smiled, Connie nodded "You mean you do?" She eyed, he laughed kissing her gently.

Grace came home a few hours later, sitting on Eliana's bed with her. "Do you like school?" She asked "Yeah." She smiled, "Grace." She smiled, "El?" "I've got a boyfriend." She giggled, Grace laughed "Don't tell Daddy." She smiled, "I won't." "Lion king?" She asked, "After dinner." "Okay." She smiled, "Grandad Charlie got me a unicorn!" She squealed, "I know." "I love you Grace." Eliana smiled hugging her, "I love you too." She smiled.

"I told you she'd be fine." Jacob smiled as he cooked, "I know, but nobody is as cruel as kids... I just wasn't sure." She smiled weakly, "They don't care Con." he chuckled. Connie smiled, sitting on the side, sipping her coffee. "I wish you could come back to work." He groaned, "It's just not an option there accessible right now." She sighed. He moved to kiss her briefly. "She's got her appointment next Wednesday." "I know, physio." He smiled, Connie nodded gently. "They are coming into school now too." She groaned, "It's too much and it hurts her Jacob... her feet and nobody at podiatry are going to touch them until she's got a diagnosis and that's not happening anytime soon." She exhaled, looking at him. "Sorry." He laughed gently, "You don't need to apologise Sweetcheeks... is Grace at Sam's this weekend?" "I think so." She replied.

"What are you doing in here?" Connie smiled, hoping off the side and lifting her up. "Lion king after dinner?" She asked, "She asked me and I didn't know what to say!" Grace called as she went up the stairs. "May be another night." "But I want to." "But Grace has homework and you need an early night." Connie smiled kissing her head. "You're just impossible." Eliana muttered, the pair laughing loudly. "Can I go in my room?" Connie nodded placing her down.

"I'd love to know where she learns half her vocabulary." Connie mumbled, Jacob laughing gently, "You're impossible Sweetcheeks." Connie poked him, kissing his cheek. "I missed you last night." "I don't have a night shift for a while now." He smiled at her. "Good." She grinned.