Chapter 83

"Where are you going, Mum?" Grace questioned as Connie sat at her dresser finishing her makeup, It's something with work." Connie smiled "Will Jacob go too?" "He's coming, he's just got caught up in traffic," Connie replied, "Traffic? What traffic?" Jacob smirked as he stepped into the bedroom, she rolled her eyes with a small smile, "Was stuck." Connie retorted, Grace, laughing at the pair. He came to kiss her cheek lightly before ruffling Grace's hair "You okay Firecracker?" He smiled, "Yeah." She smiled happily as Jacob picked up his suit, going into the ensuite to shower and Change. "Will you be late now?" Grace asked, "No, Jacob won't take long." Connie replied.

He whistled as she stepped down the stairs, she rolled her eyes gently her cheeks flushing. "Wouldn't be my first choice." She commented. She wore an A-line navy chiffon dress, with a black sash that sat over her bump, sheer scoop neck with a small sweep train. "You look phenomenal." "Well, I do try." She smiled, he chuckled kissing her lips. "Not too shabby." She teased, removing the crease from his blazer.

Once saying bye to the girls, Ember tucked up in bed with her pad, the pair made their way to the venue. He frowned as she sat forwards rubbing her back, "You okay?" He asked, "Hmmm, yeah my backache is just in full force." She sighed, "We'll soon be in bed." Connie nodded with a small smile "Can't wait." She chuckled.

She watched him throughout the night, she'd refused to dance through anger. He'd been all over her, she'd been all over him and she couldn't ignore it as she watched them dance. She didn't recognise the woman, nobody had but it was clear Jacob was attracted. "Where's Jacob?" Charlie smiled as he eased himself into the seat next to her. "I couldn't care," Connie muttered refusing her body the right to cry, her eyes piercing the pair as she watched with such anger and jealousy. Charlie followed his gaze, "I'm sure it's innocent." "No... I've come to learn nothing is ever innocent." "What's gone on?" Charlie questioned, Connie, shrugged "Nothing, we were perfect, little miss perfect sits next to him, cracks a few jokes and he's following her round like an F1 with separation anxiety... If you see him, tell him I've gone home." Connie spoke removing the tear as she stood up.

"Go home, Jacob." Charlie sighed, "Why?" He frowned, "Connie's gone home, go now before the wrong impression is made." he stated, looking at the woman. "Just because she doesn't want to dance-" "Oh shut up Jacob, go sort it out she's pregnant! You want whoever that is, deal with it amicably." He snapped. 

He sighed as he came into the bedroom, "Didn't fancy her bed tonight." She snapped, "What is your problem, Connie? we danced, it's not a crime." "I thought you'd want to spend time with me- It's one of the only times it's been us in months and instead- Just go away Jacob." "Connie nothing happened." He argued, "Maybe not for you, but I saw the looks you gave her- I know them and for the first time they weren't for me." Connie uttered, tears falling as she slipped the ring off. "Con?" He whispered, "Go, think, whatever but the way you looked at her Jacob- It hurt, it hurts and I can't forget it. It hurts to think you look at someone else the way you look at me." Connie whispered, passing him the ring. "Connie-" "No. Just go and think Jacob." He reluctantly took it, a tear rolling off his cheek "Go." She whispered softly.