Chapter 94

"Emma." Connie muttered, "Problem?" She asked harshly, Connie shook her head, looking back to the child. "What's the problem?" Emma inhaled, "His chest is bad." Connie nodded, moving to check him over. "It sounds pathetic but it's worse than a cold." Connie nodded. "Can we do obs." Connie looked to Jacob who nodded as Connie listened to his chest. "Emma, I must ask... Is he Sam's." "Just treat him." "Emma... if he finds out, it'll break him." "He broke me." Emma snapped, Connie rolled her eyes. "Staff Nurse Masters." Connie looked nodding her head.

"Yeah." "It seems to me it's pneumonia." She exhaled, "Can we call social services." "Con, Just because of who she is and the way she's handling this doesn't mean we can do things in spite." Connie sighed, "Don't then." "Hey, I'm not second-guessing you... Just ask more questions first." She nodded, looking to him, "Can we ring the ward... And Sam." "Connie-" "No, it's his Son... Not even I had the balls to do that." Connie snipped as Emma pulled the curtain back "Connie." She panicked. Connie moving into the cubical, moving the mask over Tomas' face. "He's okay." Connie smiled.

"Emma, just a few questions we have to ask." Emma rolled her eyes nodding "Go on." "You are living somewhere with heating... Safe for him?" "Why does it matter." "If not, social services need to be involved and they'll rehome you." "More like hand him over to Sam." She glared, "He's mine, no one else's." Connie rubbed her face, "If you continue to have issues then yes, Sam will get him but if you are co-operative no, he'll stay with you."

"Connie." Sam spoke, "Be nice to her." "Nice." He scoffed, "Not even you had the balls to hide a child from me." Connie nodded, "I know, but... she's vulnerable. they'll be going up to the ward soon." "What's wrong with him?" "pneumonia." he scoffed, "Go and be nice."

"Not as evil as you like to make out." He whispered as she watched Emma and Sam, she rolled her eyes smirking. "How can he be nice to her after everything?" Connie asked He shrugged "He wants to see his Son, I know if I was him id be doing anything." Connie nodded turning to look at him, "I'll tell you one thing, I'm ready for bed." She yawned, he chuckled kissing her head.

"Good day?" Connie smiled as she picked Grace up, "The best! My English teacher is so funny and I even liked maths." Connie chuckled with a fond smile, "I'm glad you had a good day." "How was work?" Connie paused not knowing if the right thing would be to tell her. "Busy, but I've missed it and Oscar like the creche." Grace smiled, "Dad hasn't replied... He's okay right?" "I'm sure he is, he's probably busy, Harry will be running wild." Grace laughed gently, "Can we get milkshakes before we get El?" Grace asked, Connie, exhaled "Just this once, but it's our secret." "Always," Grace smirked