Chapter 28

She stood smiling at the curve in her stomach, Jacob having gone in early, Grace raced into the bedroom Connie rolled her eyes with a small chuckle as Grace sat on the bed watching her get dressed. "You always look pretty Mummy." Grace smiled, "So does my Gracie." Connie smiled, "I'm not pretty." Grace looked, Connie frowned coming to sit on the bed with her. "Who's told you that rubbish?" Grace shrugged "I have ugly hair." She sighed.

Connie moved Grace to her lap, "You Grace Beauchamp are ever so pretty, I love your hair." "Only you." She muttered, Connie kissed her head "You're perfect and I don't want to hear otherwise." Connie looked at her, Grace nodded gently, "You're the prettiest girl ever." Connie smiled, tickling her making her laugh loudly, the pair lying on the bed. "Who said you had ugly hair?" Connie looked, "Nobody... But my hairs curly and I want it straight... like my friends hair, like your hair." Connie looked at her, "My hairs curly too." "But it's long and looks like princess curls." Connie shook her head, "That's because I do silly things to it... I'll show you after school, but you are the prettiest girl ever okay?" Grace nodded moving to hug her tightly, "I love you Mummy." "I love you too baby." Connie smiled kissing her head lovingly.

She walked along the path, smirking as she felt his arms around her. "Careful, we might get another complaint." She chuckled as he carefully spun her around. "You aren't working yet Ms.Beauchamp and nobody can see us." He grinned kissing her softly. "I missed you this morning." She looked, "The bed was freezing." She whined. He chuckled gently, "How's our baby doing?" "Growing." She stated, he smiled kissing her head. "Was your morning okay?" She asked, "It's been chaos in there, just to warn you... St.James are close to calling a black alert." Connie sighed heavily, "That's Why Henrick was phoning." She groaned, "Probably." "I need to get out of here on time, I pray to god they don't." "You will." He smiled kissing her gently. "It's not like you to not answer him, well when you aren't too busy." Connie shook her head, "Grace just said some things." She sighed, "Everything Okay?" He asked, concerned. Connie hummed, "She doesn't think she's pretty." Jacob frowned "Who's told her that crap?" "Herself apparently. Because her hair isn't straight or long." Jacob exhaled, "She'll be okay." "I know." She smiled.

"I must say, since you've been pregnant, I'm missing you stealing my coffees." Connie chuckled gently, kissing him briefly, "See you later beautiful." She smiled fondly, "I love you." "I love you most." He grinned, walking off leaving her to get on. "Ms.Beauchamp, Hansen would like to see you." Connie nodded continuing to her office, discarding of her things. Looking down the curve becoming more visible, she smiled placing her hand to her stomach before grabbing her stethoscope and wandering out.

She stepped down the stairs, looking across reception, sighing. He smiled seeing her, sensing how stressed she was. He stepped behind her, "Staff Nurse Masters?" She questioned, the playfulness evident in her voice, "Ms.Beauchamp?" He retorted, "What can I do for you?" She asked, taking the papers Noel handed her "Thank you Mr.Garcia." Connie smiled kindly, continuing on to her office. "Hm?" She pressed, as they reached the threshold of her office. He snaked his arms around her waist kissing her neck. "Jacob?" She giggled as they moved further inside he kicked the door shut. "Don't wear skirts like that if you want me to leave you alone all day." He whined, she laughed turning to face him. "I'm ever so sorry." She teased, "Don't let him get you stressed." "Sometimes I feel like I'm back at school with his hour long lectures." She groaned, he laughed gently moving his arms around her again, "just think in a few months you'll be slipping away from us." Connie hummed, "Not from you." She breathed, "Not ever." "Now get back to work." She laughed easily, he kissed her a few times before leaving her too it.