Chapter 48

"Grace get your shoes on." Connie spoke as she went to put the bag in the boot of her car, Jacob taking Eliana's car seat out. "Will you be home tonight?" Grace asked as she came back into the house. "Jacob will be, but I've got to stay with Eliana." Grace nodded gently, Connie knelt down before her. "How about you and I have a special day together when Eliana is back home?" Connie smiled, "I'd like that." Grace smiled, Connie hugged her tightly kissing her head "You go out to the car, Jacob will help you with your seatbelt." Connie smiled.

They stayed with her till they wheeled her into theatre, tears falling off her cheeks, some how he managed to hold it together for her, pulling her close to his chest. "She's in the best care." He uttered, she nodded "It doesn't make it any easier." She breathed, "I know." He uttered, kissing her head. "Now lets go and get a Coffee, we can come sit outside or my office." "I don't mind." She breathed.

They sat in his office, silence filled the room. "Sorry." Charlie smiled weakly, Connie looked up from her coffee cup and smiled before looking back down as he left. "I know what you're thinking Con." He breathed, "That I blame you and I don't for one second blame you and I wish you'd stop yourself." "I just can't help it Jacob and it's not just that... they told us she was fine, healthy and they never mentioned any of these problems." She groaned frustratedly "At least then we'd have had time to prepare, it just feels like we've been thrown in at the deep end and I'm scared we're going to drown Jacob." She sobbed. "Not ever." He spoke gently, moving her to his lap, "We're tough you and I, tougher than we think at that." He smiled, kissing her head. "She'll be out in an hour and we need to cheer up." He spoke, "I love you." She looked a smile on her lips, he carefully dried her eyes "I love you so much more." He beamed.

"Surgery went well." The man smiled, the pair nodding instantly, "As she grows it'll mean she has much more movement in her ankles." He added, "We know." Connie muttered, Jacob smiling kindly "She should wake up in around an hour but she may be groggy." He added before leaving the pair. "What are we going to do with you munchkin?" Jacob spoke quietly, "Mummy's always said you like to annoy her." He chuckled, "It's not annoying me." She smiled, "Just worries me." She added, he squeezed her hand "I know but she's fine... having the best sleep of her life." He smirked, Connie rolled her eyes "You're the annoying one Mr.Masters." She eyed.

"I think she's in pain." Connie spoke through gritted teeth, "Of Course." The Nurse uttered, going to get a Doctor. Connie rolled her eyes, "Hey baby, it's okay." Connie soothed, caressing her cheek, "It's okay." The doctor prescribed more pain relief, Eliana soon settling. "Right, I'm off to get Grace, need anything call me Okay?" He asked sternly, she nodded kissing him before he kissed Eliana's head lightly. "I love you, see you later." "I love you, see you tomorrow." She smiled before sitting back down, watching Eliana.