Chapter 95

"Did you know about this?" Grace looked at Connie as Sam stood looking sheepish, "Grace-" "Did you?" Connie exhaled, "Yes, but it's complicated... Your Dad and I still care about each other even though we don't love each other." Connie spoke softly, "I don't want to hear it... You didn't hit him." Grace looked at her father. "You're pathetic." She mocked, running up to her room.

"She'll calm down." Connie reassured, "She's right though, isn't she?" "Sam, no." Connie looked, "She doesn't grasp it, not like an adult, she likes to think she is." Sam smiled, "Thank you... I don't know what I'd have done without your support throughout this whole Emma situation." "I'm sure you'd have figured something out." she smiled, "I'm not sure, I mean it thank you." He spoke softly, pressing his lips to hers, "Sam!" She hissed pushing him off quickly. "Connie-" "No, I think it's best you go and give Grace some space, she'll come round." Connie uttered, going to the kitchen, exhaling.

"Hey you." he smiled, "I'm sorry." She looked, he frowned, "Con?" He laughed, lost as to why she was sorry. "I don't know what I did. I was just nice to him, I didn't mean to give him the wrong impression." She rushed, "Connie?" He frowned, "Sam kissed me." She whispered, "I pushed him off, I promise." She looked, her eyes full. He exhaled, placing his keys on the side. "Jacob, say something." She begged, "Move up." He smiled, she frowned, "You aren't mad?" "At sam." He spoke, sitting down. "Stop panicking... Surprisingly, I trust you." Connie smiled. "I love you." "I love you too."

"Sam... Lay a finger on her again and I won't be so understanding on the matter." Jacob spoke through gritted teeth, Connie watched as he placed the phone down. "Jacob-" "Leave it... I'm just making it clear." Connie nodded gently, coming to wrap her arms round his neck. "I know you like to protect me... Just don't do anything you'll regret." He nodded slowly, "He should have thought before he kissed you." Connie hummed, before sighing as she hugged him. "I'll go speak to Firecracker."

"I don't want to be told to forgive him or her." Grace frowned, "Hey, when would I ever expect that?" Jacob smiled, sitting on the end of her bed. Grace shrugged sitting up. "If he's going to forgive her Jacob, I don't want to see him and I know he kissed Mum so don't even be nice about him." She looked, "Your Mum and I are fine, so don't go worrying yourself with that." Grace nodded, "I don't like you upset." "Make her go away, she's going to hurt him again." "Grace... he has children with her- young children and he's old enough to make that mistake again." "Well, I don't want to see him." "Only you can decide that... but you're mum and I don't want you sat up here all night." Grace nodded, "I'll be down later." He nodded with a small smile. "He loves you-" "Sometimes that isn't enough."

"She's hurting... I'm sure she'll come round." Jacob looked, "But she heard about the kiss." Connie sighed rubbing her face, "She's going to hate me too." "Never... She's not stupid." He smiled kissing her head.

"Mum." Grace whispered that night. "Yeah." Connie looked, "Can I sleep with you." she whispered, Connie smiled lifting the quilt, Grace coming to get in. "I don't want to see Dad... not if that how he wants to act." "That's your choice, but just know it's not an easy decision for him." "Like him kissing you wasn't." Connie kicked Jacob's leg as he chuckled, "Grace... Your Dad's just very confused." "Clearly." Connie kissed her head "Shh, come on it's late." Grace nodded burying her head into her mum, drifting quickly.