Chapter 33

"Everything Okay?" Johnathan asked as he opened the door, "Them lot." He muttered his brother laughing easily as they walked inside. Connie took a seat with Grace, "Claire." The woman smiled next to her, Connie smiled back "Connie." "The family is a bit full on?" She asked, "A little, Yeah." Connie breathed, Claire chuckled "They do mean well, sometimes it's just too much." Connie nodded with a smile. "Kyle, Cole!" Johnathan called, two younger boys rushing down the stairs.

Grace watched them as they hugged Jacob, "You can go and play with them if you like?" Claire smiled to Grace who shook her head, "They don't bite." Connie smiled tickling her, making her giggle. "Go on." Connie smiled, Grace looked at her before nodding and going over to the two lads. "How long have you got left then?" She asked, "Five months yet... feels like forever." Claire chuckled easily, "Tiana's always been their princess, letting her get away with things neither of them would have dreamed of." Claire sighed, "Her bringing Luke home last night, she knew what she was doing." "I don't quite know." Connie uttered, "Jacob had a really good friend, Darell. Johnathan was also really close- them two are really close with them only being a year apart, but they did stupid things, Luke apart of that... silly things that they shouldn't have and have grown out of." Claire looked through to the kitchen, sighing "Jacob never truly dealt with Darell's death... Luke wanted them to go and do something, some raid of a family well them two disagreed and Darell decided too and ultimately was shot." Connie nodded not really knowing what to say. "Johnathan managed to deal with it, knowing Darell would do what he liked but Jacob... he's always tried to be the peace keeper, trying to protect everyone and the one time he doesn't. He loses someone who was like family. Part the reason he moved away, he went to live with his grandparents, too much for him round here... He's done well for himself." Claire smiled.

"He'll more than likely kill me for telling you that, he's embarrassed by it all to be honest, especially when you're so posh... not to be rude or anything." Claire smiled kindly, Connie laughed quietly "I'm far from posh... just had a few good things happen that got me hear, fake it till you make it an all that." Claire chuckled "I quite like you." Connie smiled gently, "He might want you." Claire spoke gently, Connie stood up going through to the kitchen, Johnathan smiled leaving the pair, shutting the kitchen door. She held him as he sobbed, her heart shattering as he did. "It's okay." She whispered, pressing her lips to his head, "I'm suppose to be the strong one-" "Shhh... what was your words when you proposed? Hm? We look after each other." He held her tightly "Sorry Con." She shook her head, "Stop now."

The pair joined the other two adults in the living room, "Where's Firecracker?" He asked, "Playing." Connie smiled, he nodded kissing her head gently. "So, Connie, what attracted you to this idiot?" Johnathan laughed, Jacob rolling his eyes. Connie looked up to Jacob "They do know how we met?" "No." He mumbled, "Actually, Yeah, how did you meet?" Johnathan pressed, "Places." Jacob retorted, "Funny." He spoke bluntly. "We decided to agree to do some experiment thing... we met by having to kiss each other for a video, the next day he turns out to be the new nurse in my ED and he's been irritating me ever since." Johnathan laughed, "You'll get use to him irritating you, don't worry." Connie smiled fondly.

They arrived back at his parents later that evening, having had a nice meal out with Jacob's brother. "Jacob." His mother smiled, "Connie's been called back to work tomorrow, so we're getting the train back tonight." Jacob looked, "Oh right, you've just hardly seen us-" "Can you blame me?" He snipped, "Sorry, work is work and we've got things to pay for-" "She doesn't seem short of a bob or two." Jacob rolled his eyes "You know what? We don't have to go back, we don't have to... I just cannot be bothered with this." He snipped, lifting Grace up and carrying her upstairs, Connie following behind.

"You okay?" She asked on the train home, "Ready for bed." He groaned, she smiled moving into him "A whole day with my favourite girls." He grinned, kissing her head. "Jacob." She spoke quietly, "Con?" "Claire told me... about what happened." He nodded, his arm around her losing ever so slightly. She took his free hand, looking up to him "And it doesn't mean I view you any differently... I fell in love with you because I love you... everything that's ever happened has made you, you and whether you have one problem or five million I'm still going to be here." She spoke confidently. He claimed her lips adoringly, "Ditto Sweetcheeks." She smiled gently claiming his lips once more. "Anyway, I've met worse families." She yawned, he chuckled playing with her hair. "You sleep." She shook her head, "Not till I know you're okay... properly okay." She uttered.