Chapter 89

"Look good?" Eliana questioned her parents, "Look good? You look perfect." Jacob smiled as he lifted her into his arms, Eliana giggling loudly. She looked to Connie, "Mummy?" "Beautiful now, let's get you and Grace school." Connie smiled fondly. Jacob took Eliana to the car, "Mum." Connie turned to smile at her eldest. "You know I love you." Connie opened her arms, kissing her daughters head "Course I do, you know I love you?" Grace nodded with a smile, Connie kissed her head once again "Come on, let's get you to school."

Connie sat back in the car sighing, "She'll be okay." Jacob reassured, "What if she isn't? I'll have failed her again Jay." He placed his hand to her thigh, "Never... You could never ever fail our children." Connie nodded, "How about we go sit in the cafe till my shift starts." Connie nodded, peering her head into the back checking on Oscar. "You know we need a bigger van." Connie sighed, "We can look later." Connie nodded, "Sorry." She sighed, "Shhh, I know you worry."

She rocked Oscar gently as Jacob got their drinks, "Today's going to be a long day, isn't it baby." She cooed quietly, moving to press her lips to her sons head. "You need to stay a baby forever." Connie spoke softly, smiling as his tiny hand clung to her index finger. She looked up as Jacob placed the tray down, "She will be fine you know? You're her mum and if there is one thing you taught her, it's how to stand her ground." Connie smiled gently, "I guess." "How's mister man doing anyway." "Fighting his sleep." "I have no clue where he gets that from, you bloody love sleep and I'm not opposed to it." Connie laughed easily, "You can be so annoying." "But you love it." "Maybe." She eyed, he arched a brow as he sipped his coffee laughing as she rolled her eyes. A few moment of silence passed, Connie watching their son in her arms. "A social experiment to this, aye?" Connie looked up "Hm?" "Us, a social experiment led to all this." Connie smiled fondly, "I guess it did." "Not bad is it really?" "I mean it's alright." She teased he shook his head laughing, "It could be worse, a lot worse." She looked seriously.

She sat in the drivers seat, readjusting it, she smiled as she glanced over Oscar in the seat next to her. "How about a nap when we get home?" Connie spoke softly as she placed the dummy back in his mouth. Looking up She frowned, it was him, the panic setting in as he moved closer.