Chapter 46

"See my point." Connie looked at him, "Utterly pointless... the only thing that was worth us knowing was she needs tendons in her heel releasing, might have well phoned me for that." She groaned, "Come here." He smiled opening his arms, she fell into them with a sigh "I'm sorry." "Shh, no need to apologise, I just don't like you getting worked up." "I just don't need reminding she might not ever take her first step... it's something I'm dealing with and I don't need the constant reminder." She groaned, "I know beautiful... now it's cold, maybe we could go and grab some lunch before I have to leave you both." He smiled, "We'd like that." She smiled back fondly.

Jacob was soon back at work. "Jacob, my office please." Elle smiled, he nodded following her into it, shutting the door behind him. "The job-" "Don't worry about it, I know I've not got a chance." He smiled sadly causing Elle to role her eyes. "You've got it." She smiled, "What?" He asked, his eyes wide, "You got it, the sign is being put up under Charlie's now." "You aren't joking?" "No." She smiled, he moved to hug her "Thank you." "No need to thank me, you did it all by yourself." "I need to phone Connie." He beamed, "Go."

"Muscles?" She asked, Eliana's cries being heard over the phone,
"Everything okay?" He asked
"Someone is fighting her sleep, I think I might take her for a drive... You okay?"
"Guess Who you're speaking too."
"Who?" She asked
"Charge Nurse Masters of Holby ED." He spoke proudly,
"You got it?" She asked happily,
"I did indeed."
"I told you Muscles, I told you."
"No one likes a smart arse." He retorted,
She laughed quietly "I'm proud of you."
"Thank you, I'll leave you to it."
"Alright, we love you."
"I love you both too."

He smiled as he read over the sign, a wide grin coming to his face. Inhaling he pushed the handle down and wandered side, taking a seat at his desk a smirk on his lips. "I see you're embracing the role already." She smirked from the door way, "Con?" He frowned, "Like I said, someone was fighting their sleep. So we decided to come and see Daddy." A grin came to his lips "Well come in." Connie chuckled gently, moving inside. She placed her keys down on his desk before Eliana's car seat on the small sofa.

"A drive did the trick then?" He asked, looping his arms around her, "It did indeed." She smiled. "So how is it being Charge Nurse Masters?" "The power is something I could get quite use to." He grinned, "I'm sure it is." She chuckled, kissing him lightly. "Question is, do I get a prize later?" He whispered in her ear, "I've not quite decided yet Muscles." She eyed playfully. "Does it not just amaze you that we made her?" He asked, Connie nodded resting against him, "Every time I look at her." She spoke gently, Jacob kissed her head with a smile "I'm glad I'm not the only one." He moved to sit down, Connie sitting across his lap, "I'm so proud of you Muscles." She uttered, kissing him. "Is Ms.Beauchamp proud of me?" "Extremely." She smirked before they broke into laughter.