Chapter 8

She sighed as she stormed into her office a couple weeks later, lifting her phone out of her coat looking down at his number. A knock on the door caused her to lift her eyes, "Dr.Chao, what can I do for you?" "You're needed in resus." Connie nodded removing her coat and placing the stethoscope around her neck, following Lily.

She sat at her desk working, looking up she quickly pulled herself up and made her way over to the nurses station. "Hey you." He smiled, She hummed gently "Con?" She sighed and looked up at him "Where were you last night?" She looked, "The lads took me down to the local for a few drinks." He smiled, "I was turned down for a few pints?" She scoffed, "I wouldn't say turned down." He reasoned, "I was up waiting for you, you didn't turn up... a text would have been nice." She groaned, the pair soon keeping quiet as Robyn walked by, collecting a file before leaving again. "If it was such a big deal, you could have come round to mine." He sighed, "Like I said, a text would have been nice." She sighed heavily, "It was a friends birthday... I am sorry Con, I just forgot." She simply nodded.

"Go again." She looked sternly, "Ms.Beauchamp she's gone." Cal sighed looking at her, "It's my call Cal!" She snapped, "Connie-" "No Jacob." She glared, Cal sighed "Clear... shocking." She moved forwards, checking for a pulse. "Again." She muttered, starting compressions. Jacob placed a hand to her arm, "Connie." He spoke softly, "Time of death thirteen, forty seven." She uttered, wandering out of resus.

"He's brave." Cal uttered, as they watched him enter her office, shutting the door firmly. He wrapped her up in his arms as she sobbed, pressing his lips to her head he sighed heavily. "Beautiful, you did everything you could." She looked up at him "Who am I suppose to tell Jacob? She's dead... no parents, not anyone." She uttered, he sighed caressing her cheek, kissing her head lightly again. "Getting upset over it Con, it won't change it." "It doesn't mean it doesn't hurt." "I know." He spoke softly. "How about we go get a Coffee aye?" He added, she sighed heavily shaking her head "No, people will start to question..." She trailed. He nodded gently, "I am sorry about last night Sweetcheeks." She looked down "I may have overreacted a tiny bit." "Did Connie Beauchamp just admit she was wrong?" She pushed him gently "Stop." He chuckled gently, "I just felt stupid." She whispered, "Waiting up for you and you didn't turn up." She added, he nodded gently "I know, Sorry Con." She nodded gently, "I'm free tonight." He grinned, she nodded gently "Grace is still at Sam's still as well." He smiled kissing her softly, "Go, before it looks suspicious." She smiled, he dried her cheeks kissing her lips softly, "Sweetcheeks." He smirked leaving, she rolled her eyes with a small smirk watching him.

"That was brave." Cal chuckled, "She's not that bad." He laughed, "Besides, I think she's got a thing for me." He smirked, Cal smiled "Oh how I'd love your confidence." "What's that suppose to mean?" "You'll see." He smirked, "Ms.B doesn't do dating, not her thing." "You sound bitter." Jacob looked, Cal shook his head "Trust me, you'll come to see."