Chapter 66

"Mum?" Grace asked as she woke early, "Grace?" She yawned, "You and Jacob haven't argued have you?" Connie sat up instantly, shaking her head "No, no! Of course not." "So Where is he?" "Is he not home?" Connie asked, slipping from the bed, quickly going to check upstairs "Mum?" Grace called following after her, Connie sighed rubbing her face. "He'll be back soon." Connie smiled, "Mum I'm not a little kid-" "Grace it's complicated, let's go and get breakfast... I'm sure he'll be back by then." Grace sighed storming down the stairs.

Jacob sighed as he woke in the cell, leaning his head back he sighed heavily. Anger running through him, he hadn't done it, yet here he was being treated like scum of the earth. His head shot to the door as he heard keys, sighing heavily as it continued to quieten. The night had been noisy, struggling for sleep. Finally his cell was opened, "You're free to go." Jacob nodded getting up and following the officer. "I told you I didn't do it." He snipped frustratedly, "Yeah, Well we can't take everyone's word." Jacob sighed, the anger leaving him. "Do you... do you know who did it?" Jacob asked solemnly, "I can't discuss-" "Well an idea then?" "Maybe." Jacob nodded signing what was needed before collecting his extra items.

He opened the front door, "Connie?" He called, she stood in the kitchen doorway, looking at him. "Sorry... I thought it wouldn't take long-" "That's not why I'm mad Jacob." She snapped, "You put yourself in a position like that! I've had to send Grace into school- she thinks we've- she's in bits!" Connie yelled, "All because you couldn't keep your temper-" "Connie, I didn't do it so don't treat me like I have." He groaned throwing his keys on the table, "I've had a night of it so I'm going to bed." He added making his way upstairs "Is that it? All that's being said on the matter?" "What more do you want Connie? I didn't do it!"

She stepped into the bedroom, a while later, lying on the bed she moved an arm around him. "Sorry." She sniffled, "I'm sorry... I'm just angry, angry about everything-" "Well don't take it out on me Con, not when I've done nothing wrong... what I said wasn't meant to be taken literal." "I know." She uttered, "I'll leave you to sleep." She added, he turned to face her, "Can't you not stay?" "Do you want me too?" He rolled his eyes "Of Course I do." She nodded moving into him. "I'm sorry too." He spoke softly "I'm just glad you're okay." She breathed, "I always am beautiful." He spoke softly placing a kiss in her hair.

"Daddy!" "Jacob!" The girls exclaimed, Grace hugging him tightly before he moved to kiss Eliana's head. "What's this I hear of? You thinking you're mum and I were breaking up?" Jacob asked, "Well... you didn't come home last night and Mum was crying and then she wouldn't tell me-" "If there is one promise I can make, it's that your mother and I are never breaking up." Grace hugged him tightly, "I love you Jacob." "I love you too Firecracker." "Now Who fancy's Pizza for dinner?" Connie interjected, "Me and Grace!" Eliana squealed, the three laughing, "I wouldn't say no either Ms.Beauchamp."

"I love you." Connie smiled as he pulled her close, Grace pushing Eliana back to the car, "I love you most." He grinned, claiming her lips. "I want to do it Jacob... get married, like soon." She looked confidently, he grinned widely, kissing her deeply as he spun her round "We best get our act into gear then." He grinned, kissing her deeply, "I suppose." She smiled, "Mum, Jacob." Grace sighed, "Sorry." Connie smiled unlocking the car, kissing him again. The pair unaware of the figure watching.