Chapter 18

"Mummy! Jacob!" Grace called as she wandered into the bedroom, Connie groaned pushing her head further into Jacob as he rubbed his eyes, "Firecracker?" He asked sleepily "Can we get up now?" She asked, He looked to the alarm clock "Firecracker, Come here." She nodded making her way over, he lifted her onto the bed, "You hungry or can you wait a little bit?" "A little bit." He nodded gently "How about I put a film on tv and you watch it and after we can get up... I'll even make you pancakes." She nodded, smiling as Jacob turned the tv on, finding a film.

"Mummy, Jacob... it's finished." Connie rolled onto her back stretching, "Gracie, you go down and turn the telly on." Grace nodded as she climbed off the bed skipping downstairs. Jacob moved over to her, kissing her deeply. She caressed his cheek back and fourth "I love you Mr.Masters." "I love you more Ms.Beauchamp." He kissed her once more before they got dressed and went downstairs with Grace.

They took Grace to school a little while later, the pair strolled into work hand in hand. He stood waiting while she picked up the letters from reception, Jacob following her to her office. "Let's hope this consultant stays." He chuckled, Connie chuckled gently, claiming his lips. "Hmmm... I'll never get bored of you doing that." He grinned, she smiled fondly, smoothing the crease out his top. "I've been thinking." She looked at him, he hummed "That's never good Sweetcheeks." She laughed gently, "While the new consultant is here, we make use of the time... we go on holiday with Grace?" He grinned widely, a smile growing on her lips, "Of Course beautiful, would I ever decline?" She smiled, flinging her arms around his neck, moving to kiss him deeply, sighing as a knock was placed on her door, "Yes?" "The new consultant is with Henrick, he said they'll be about ten minutes." Noel called, "Thank you." She called back, "We can talk later and finish this off later." He smirked, tapping her bottom as he kissed her gently before leaving her be.

"And here we are at reception." Connie smiled kindly, rubbing her hands together as they arrived at reception, Connie having shown Dr.Gardner around the department. Jacob's eyes fell to the new consultant laughing gently, "Pancake, isn't this a surprise." He chuckled, lifting her up, Connie frowning as she watched them, "Careful or I just might spill the reason why everyone calls you pudding." She chuckled flicking the top of his ear. "Didn't know you two knew each other." Connie smiled awkwardly, "We go way back." He chuckled, his arm around Elles shoulders, Connie nodded "Well I'll be in my office if you need anything." She stated walking off, "Don't." Connie glared to Noel quietly as she passed him. "She's a bit... up herself." Elle groaned, "No, no... she's alright really, just likes professionalism." "A joke then and now would be nice." "Elle pack it in." Jacob groaned, "You got the hots for the boss." She teased, Jacob rolled his eyes "I've got work to be doing." He stated, wandering off.

"Con?" He smiled as he came into her office, the door clicking shut, She hummed as she looked through the filing cabinet. "You okay?" "Yep." She spoke bluntly, moving back to the desk, "Talk to me." "If you can't see Jacob, I'm busy." She sighed, "Just talk to me." He begged, she looked up to meet his eyes. "That was pretty friendly." She muttered, swiftly looking away. He laughed gently "Come here you daft sod." She took his hand falling into him "Are you laughing at me?" She frowned, "Yes." He chuckled, "You're never normally jealous-" "You never have a nickname for someone else." "I do, lots of people." "Well they never have one for you." She sighed, looking down. He chuckled once again kissing her head, "I didn't even come up with Elle's nickname, it was a joke a few of us had at school." He spoke honestly, "You've got the best nickname, you'll always be my Sweetcheeks." She nodded gently, hugging him "Just remember who I share a bed with beautiful... I love you more than anything, well maybe Firecracker a little more." He smirked, she rolled her eyes with a small smile, "You going to cheer up?" She nodded gently, "Good." He grinned, squeezing her tightly as he lifted her from the ground a little, kissing her, "I love you too." She smiled

"You coming to the pub?" Elle smiled, "Not tonight Elle, I promised Grace a bedtime story." He smiled back, "Who? Something you forgot to tell me?" She laughed, Connie appearing in the doorway, waiting for him "No, Grace is well Connie's daughter." Connie smiled at him a little, Elle arched a brow "See you all tomorrow." He called as he walked over to Connie, who tiptoed up, kissing him. "And that was for?" He questioned as they walked, "I know I've been a bit moody today." He smiled at her, "I'd be moody if I thought another guy was going to steal you... although I'm too irresistible, I know." He smirked, "Oh how we would all love your confidence." "Hey don't go knocking it, you feel for me the first day we met." He smirked, she rolled her eyes getting in the car with a small smirk upon her lips.