Chapter 93

"It seems too early to be going back to work." she stated as she sat on the bed feeding Oscar, "Nobody is expecting you to go back so soon." "No, I know, I miss it... He just seems so little, when El was a toddler." Jacob nodded, "I know, but he'll be at the creche and we can check on him on breaks." Jacob smiled, "He'll be fine, it's just me worrying."

"First day of big school, eh?" Jacob smiled ruffling Grace's hair, "Where has the time gone?" He questioned to no one in particular. "Mum just fixed that." Grace looked with a frown, "Sorry Firecracker." He chuckled, "Now can we not make a big deal of it, Mum will only cry." Jacob nodded with a smile as Connie stepped downstairs. "Grace are you sure you don't want me to drive you, we can?" She looked, Grace rolled her eyes. "No. I'm walking with Carmel and Hugo... I'm not going to die." Connie moved to hug her "I just worry... You're still my baby." Grace sighed but smiled, hugging her mum tightly. "I'll be okay, you know?" Grace spoke softly, "I might be your baby but I'm not little and I've got this." Grace smiled happily. "I know." She smiled kissing her head.

They took a few pictures of Grace before she said her goodbyes and left with her friends as the door shut, the tears fell from Connie. "Mummy?" Eliana looked worriedly as Jacob hugged her, "She's okay." Jacob smiled, kissing Connie's head "Why is she crying?" "She's just upset that Grace is growing up." Eliana nodded moving to hug her Mum's leg. "Me and Oscar are still little, Mummy." Eliana prompted. Connie chuckled drying her eyes before lifting her up. "That's a good job then isn't it?" Eliana nodded with a cheeky grin. "Come on, let's do your hair and get you to school, Mummy and Daddy have work." "Already?" "Already." Connie smiled.

They walked down to the ED after dropping Oscar, guilt coming over her. "Con, you can go back get him and go home." He spoke softly, "No... I have to do it at some point." She smiled, "But not now If you don't like, he's only four months." "I know." She smiled, "Now can we get on Staff Nurse Masters." She smirked. He rolled his eyes smirking, "Hmm... I've missed that." She chuckled, "I'll catch up later." She smiled kissing him briefly.

"Connie, Good to have you back." Elle smiled, "Thank you, It's nice to be back." She smiled picking up a file, Jacob hot on her heel causing her to roll her eyes with a smirk. "Oh. It's you." The woman looked at the pair, Connie looking to the child, her eyes wide.