Chapter 15

He picked her up at seven, "Woah!" He exclaimed as she stepped out her house, "What?" She giggled, "I don't even know if we are going to make it to dinner when you wear an outfit like that." He exhaled, trying to control himself. She rolled her eyes with a small chuckle. She wore a tight black, figure hugging, dress that shown off her curves. It dipped at the cleavage, with thin straps. "Well it shows a little bit of my scar... I wasn't so sure." She spoke quietly, "Shhh..." He breathed pulling her closer, pressing his lips to her "The taxi is waiting." "So it can." He smirked, "Connie, you look outta this world." "You scrub up nicely." She smirked, kissing him lightly before following him to the taxi.

They clinked their glasses together lightly "Happy four month anniversary Sweetcheeks." He grinned, "Ditto Muscles." She smirked, he chuckled softly looking to her, his smile irremovable. "What?" She eyed, "I just want to know how a man got so lucky." She sipped her wine, looking at him leaning forwards "Lucky is one way of putting it." He rolled his eyes taking his hand "Shh." She smiled softly "Sorry." "How was your shift?" "Busy." She breathed, "Two days off with me and then Monday, new consultant." He smiled, "Oh and as if that helps in anyway." She exhaled, he placed a hand on top of hers "We'll be fine." She hummed gently.

"So Ms.Beauchamp." "Staff Nurse Masters?" She arched her brow, "What's the deal with that?" "With what?" "Beau-champ." Connie rolled her eyes "Beauchamp." She exhaled "And I was married." She added, "Yeah, was." "That's why it's Ms not Mrs." She smiled, "What happened there because he sounds like a total prick." Connie chuckled gently, "Another time, this is our night and I'm not talking about my ex-husband." He shrugged, "I want to know what he did to piss you off." "What didn't he do." She mumbled sipping her drink, Jacob laughed gently. "I was young... fell head over heels for him and just because I thought he was the one doesn't mean he was." Jacob nodded. "Jacob." She looked, he nodded placing his knife and fork down. "I know sometimes I'm difficult, but I do love you... it's just things that have happened." "Hey, I know beautiful." She nodded gently "And after Michale, I swore I'd never fall for someone the way I did him... and Well the way I've fell for you scares me." He nodded "It's okay to be scared." He smiled, "I love you." She grinned easily, "I love you most."

"I'll wait outside." She smiled, moving to kiss him lightly, he nodded "Alright Sweetcheeks." He smiled oblivious to the eyes on her, picking up her bag she wander outside while Jacob paid the bill, previously arguing over who'd pay.

A man wandered out, lighting a cigarette, "Want one?" He offered, "No thank you, I don't smoke." She uttered, looking back inside to the lit restaurant. He nodded lighting the cigarette, "What's a pretty girl like you doing out alone at night?" "I'm not alone, my boyfriends just paying the bill, I just wanted some air." She spoke, not really enjoying the exchange. The man moved closer, "What is it you do?" He asked, She frowned gently confused as to what he meant, "Work wise." "My job?" He nodded, "I'm a Doctor." She spoke simply. "How long's this boyfriend of yours going to be?" "Not long, he's just paying the bill." She stated again, he nodded, she watched him look around "Shall we go for a walk?" He smiled "No, thank you though." He scoffed "A girl dressed up like you, we all know what it is you really do... you just happen to be a posh one." Connie frowned, "I'm a Doctor, on a date with my boyfriend." She stated sternly, the panicked setting in.

Jacob stepped outside, holding his jacket "Con, I was thinking-" he paused seeing how close he was to her, "I said I'm fine here." She snipped, he moved forwards swiftly as he took hold of her arm. Pushing him back swiftly, "What was it she said?" Jacob snapped as he gripped him, "Jacob, just leave it." Connie looked, "Tell me what she said?" Jacob spoke through gritted teeth, realising he wasn't going to get a response "She said she was fine, so don't you touch her!" He yelled pushing him again, "Now go before I cause a lot more damage!" The man sprinted off quickly.

"Are you Okay?" He asked, tucking some hair behind her ear, she nodded. She'd never seen him like that before, a bit taken back. "Con?" "I'm fine." She smiled, "he didn't hurt you?" She shook her head "No." he passed his coat to her "I know you're cold." He smiled, she smiled back slipping into it. "Promise you're okay?" She nodded looking to her shoes "I've um... just never seen you like that before." He pulled her close, kissing her head "I'm so sorry-" "No! It just shocked me a little... I'm not having it ruin our night." She looked up at him, "I panicked and I care about you-" "Shh... I know." She uttered, moving to kiss him. "Home or a walk?" He asked, "What about your home?" She asked, he hummed "You've got no things." He stated, she raised her brow "You're telling me I'm going to be dressed this weekend?" She smirked, "Connie Beauchamp!" He exclaimed.

"Chase." She whispered as they lay in the dark, "What?" "My maiden name... Chase." "Connie Chase... now that does have a ring to it." She rolled her eyes "Constance Chase." He laughed "Constance-" "Tell anyone and I won't be afraid to push you in front of a moving ambulance and claim it was an accident." He laughed, kissing her temple "I like it." She hummed gently "Not my personal favourite." She stated as her phone began to ring.

"Sam?" She sighed, Jacob smiling at her weakly,
"Grace is talking about a man named Jacob, who is he?" He asked harshly
"Sam I'm busy... I'm not really in the mood for a petty argument, especially not at this hour." She groaned,
"Well when are we going to talk about this?"
"Sunday, now goodnight." She ended the call, placing her phone on the side.

"You okay?" "I'm fine... Jacob." He hummed, looking at her "I love you." He chuckled gently "Three times in one night, now I am being spoiled... It's a good job I love you more." He grinned claiming her lips.