Chapter 16

"Sam?" Connie sighed as he walked inside with Grace, Jacob out at work. "You said we could talk." He looked, Connie nodded, helping Grace to remove her coat "Where's Jacob?" Grace whispered, "At work... Why are we whispering?" Connie replied in a hushed tone "Daddy didn't like me talking about him." Connie nodded gently "Will he be back before bedtime?" "I'm not too sure, you go upstairs to play Yeah?" Grace nodded, Connie smiled kissing her head lightly before hanging her coat up.

"Who is He?" "A frien- boyfriend." She uttered, "Sam what is it to you?" "I want to make sure my daughter is safe." Connie scoffed "Are you implying I'd put her in danger?" "No but what sort of a father would I be if I'd didn't ask these questions?" He remarked, "You were the one a few months ago saying you were worried about me." She snipped factually, "Well I just don't want him getting in the way of you and Grace." "Well he won't." Sam nodded "They seem close... Well Grace seems to like him." "Because he's a good guy Sam and if you're jealous- just don't you dare pull that one, I don't get in a mood with you over Emma, just don't go there." She glared, Sam sighed heavily, sipping his coffee.

"Jacob!" Grace squealed running down the stairs and into him arms, causing Sam to look over, "Hello Firecracker, Good time at your dads?" She nodded with a smile, "Where's your Mum?" "In the kitchen... but she's talking with Daddy." Jacob nodded, "Well we best keep quiet then." Grace nodded as she hugged him.

"She never gets like that with Emma or I." Sam looked, "Because you're not new... she use to us and Emma and don't even deny it Sam." Connie sighed, "Not your usual type." Sam remarked, Connie rolled her eyes "I didn't realise I had a type." She snipped, Jacob walked into the kitchen "Sorry... Grace wants a drink." "You know where the cupboard is Jacob." Connie smirked, "I don't want to interrupt." "There's nothing to interrupt." Jacob nodded going to make Grace a drink, the room awkwardly silent before he left. "Does He make you happy?" Connie nodded "More then happy Sam." "I guess I can't really argue with that as long as Grace is happy." Connie just nodded, "I'll leave you to it."

"And what's this all about?" Connie asked arching a brow as she strolled into the living room, Grace happily on Jacob's knee. "Cuddles!" Grace cheered happily, Connie smiled fondly, joining the pair. "Don't get jealous Sweetcheeks." He whispered, Connie rolled her eyes with a smirk, his lips pressing to her head. The three sat watching tv, till Grace went to bed.

"Everything Okay?" He questioned, she nodded "Yeah... Sam just being Sam." She groaned, he smiled softly "Pizza in bed?" He questioned, "Mhmmm." She exhaled, he laughed claiming her lips, "Usual?" She nodded gently, leaning in the door frame as she watched him order. Once finished he stepped over, slipping his arms around her. She smiled fondly, kissing him "You've made these last few months some of the best months of my life." She uttered, "And I always will." He smiled back at her kissing her deeply.