Chapter 27

The pair strolled into work just gone lunch, grins on their faces, he kissed her gently. "Telling people?" He asked quietly, "I'm not hiding it, share it if you want." She smiled, "We saw our baby Con." He breathed, kissing her. "It's feeling real now." She breathed, he smiled a she kissed him once more.

"Pregnant?" Charlie questioned as he stood in her office, shock on his face. Connie nodded, "Only Jacob and I know, so other than Duffy, please can it just be kept quiet." She looked, "Of Course." "We aren't hiding it, I really just can't be bothered announcing it." Charlie smiled softly, "When you telling Grace?" "Later, she's been at Sam's recently." "Oh, how come?" "She just wants to spend time with Harry, she's been staying at home, just going out with Sam." "When's the scan?" He asked kindly, she picked up her
Bag pulling the photo out, passing it over to him. "This morning." "That explains his smile out there." He chuckled, Connie laughed gently "Well congratulations." "Thank you." Connie smiled, taking the photo back, placing it with the other few photos that sat on her desk.

"Dr.knight, what can I do for you?" Connie asked kindly after granting him access to her office. "Just a complaint, I'd like to make." Connie arched a brow, take a seat. He nodded sitting before her, "This is going to be a bit awkward, um I've already complained to Charlie about Jacob but I'd like to complain about you." "About me? What have I done Dr.Knight?" Connie narrowed her eyes, "You're risking patient care to spend time with lover boy, what a joke that relationship is." He sighed, "You're all over each other and it's vile, I don't want to see it and neither do patients." Connie bit the inside of her cheek, keeping her temper calm. "I'll take that on board Dr.Knight, But-" She looked sitting forwards "I found out this another one of your jealousy things I will ruin you, you want to play nasty, I can be even nastier." Connie snipped, the infamous glare crossing her face, "Now get out."

She linked her arm with his as they stood waiting at Grace's school waiting. "You okay Sweetcheeks?" She hummed with a small sigh "Cal, he's complained about both of us." She glanced, "Over what?" He laughed, amused by his behaviour, "Apparently I risk patient care to spend time with lover boy and we're all over each other which is vile and he doesn't want to see it, neither do the patients." She groaned, "If I want to make my lady feel special, I'm going too, I barely even see you long enough to kiss you besides breaks." "I know, everyone knows he's just being Cal." Connie groaned, he nodded kissing her head before Grace bounced out.

They sat around the table eating, Connie looked up to Jacob smiling fondly. "Grace?" Grace nodded looking to her mother, "Jacob and I have some special news." She smiled, "What?" Grace asked excitedly, "Well remember when Daddy and Emma told you they were having Harry?" She asked, Grace nodded smiling at her brothers name "Well what if I told you Jacob and I are having a baby too?" Grace's eyes lit up "I get to be a sister again?" She asked giddily, "Yes." She chuckled "Yes!" She squealed, the pair smiling fondly before Jacob fumbled in his wallet, showing her the picture "Here they are." He smiled, pointing out their limbs. "I love them lots!" She grinned, the three chatting happily as they finished their dinner.

"I don't know what's worse." She groaned later that night as he sat holding her hair back, "Morning sickness in the morning or morning sickness at night." She sighed, he chuckled sadly, rubbing her back soothingly, "Not long Con." She nodded gently "I know." She breathed, flushing the toilet before getting up and washing her hands, "I'll go get you a glass of water and a ginger tea." He smiled, kissing her temple.

The sat up in bed, the tv playing quietly. She sipped the warm drink slowly, "What we doing about Cal?" "I'll take on board his comments but I'm not changing the way we live our life to please him... until a formal, substantial, complaint is made nothing changes." He nodded with a wide grin, she moved carefully her head resting on his shoulder, "I'm not doing this for nine months." She muttered, "You've done three of them." She elbowed him "No one likes a smart arse." He chuckled gently, kissing her head "I love you too." "Good," She smirked, moving to claim his lips, "I love you also." She uttered, he smiled kissing her again, moving the nearly empty mug to the bedside table, his lips not leaving hers as he switched the tv off.