Chapter 72

"How's she doing?" Charlie asked the following Monday, "El?" "Yeah." "She's doing fine, she's sleeping between Grace's room and ours." Connie smiled as they took a seat on the bench. "Grace?" He asked, "She's at Sam's, Just so she has her own space, till we move." Connie smiled weakly, Charlie nodded. "Do you know how the fire happened?" Connie shook her head, "No... but it was intentional." She sighed heavily. "So you had something to tell me." He smiled, Connie hummed looking into the coffee cup. "Everything okay?" He asked, concern over his face. "Yes." She smiled looking to him, "I've not had a scan or anything, it's been confirmed by the GP but Jacob and I are expecting." She smiled, he pulled her into an embrace, "I'm so happy for you." He uttered, "Thank you." She smiled.

She giggled as he kissed her, "You brought me in here because?" "Because I wanted to see my beautiful wife-" "we aren't married yet." She argued, "We might as well be." She smiled gently. "How you feeling?" "Fine... Jay?" "Yes." "I want to treat El... all her things have been ruined and she's not complained once." Connie commented, "We can do that." He smiled kissing her, "Did she go in Okay?" "Perfect." Connie nodded, hugging him. "I can't wait to move." She uttered, "Not long Sweetcheeks, not long at all."

"Connie, Jacob. The police have come to speak to you." Charlie smiled, "Can you tell them we will be there in two minutes, just need to finish up here." He nodded smiling kindly. "What you two been doing then?" The patient teased, Connie chuckling gently, "It was all her fault, I swear." Jacob smirked, "That's what they all say." The patient smiled back, he looked to Connie as she stumbled slightly, "I'm fine, I just need a drink." She commented, finishing up her sutures.

"We have the man in custody, he's admitted and it's you're choice to peruse it." The officer spoke as Connie sipped the water, "Of Course we do." Jacob groaned, "Who did?" "Ethan Hardy." Connie exhaled, looking to Jacob, "I told you." He snipped, "Alright Jacob, I know." She snapped, "Any chance I could see him?" She asked, "Con?" "If he'd be willing, of course."

"Connie, are you out your mind?" He snapped, "I want to know why Jacob! He's not getting away with it but I want to know why, he knew that would be El's room."

"Ethan why?" She asked quietly, "Because he took my brother!" Connie rolled her eyes "Ethan, he didn't do it... he couldn't have, weight up the facts." She snipped "And besides it doesn't mean you can try to take my daughters life! She's a child Ethan... an innocent child, who has nothing because it's all ruined because of you!" Connie snipped, "You have made my life hell Ethan and I've been nothing but understanding... I know you've lost your brother and I know you're looking for someone to blame but Jacob, my family, it's the right place to lie the blame." She snipped, Ethan kept quiet, "I'm not about to take pity on you, if we couldn't of got in there to her, I could have lost my daughter Ethan, I'll never understand that... why you'd take it out on her." She spoke quietly. "He did it-" "He didn't! Get a grip Ethan!" She yelled.

"Sweetcheeks?" He asked as she strolled back into the ED, "He swears you did it." She groaned, "Trying to tell him otherwise is impossible." She sighed, he kissed her head lightly, "I'm sure they could spare us from here, let's go home and curl up then go get El and Grace-" "She's our with her Dad and Harry." She sighed, "Well we can curl up, just the three of us and watch films all evening and ignore the world." She cupped his cheek gently "God, I love you." She uttered easily, he smiled fondly claiming her lips "It's a good job I love you more." He smiled.