Chapter 44

She stepped over, straightening his tie. "Do I look okay?" He asked, she chuckled softly "It's only a interview-" "Only." He mumbled, "An interview to move up... They already know how amazing you are." She smiled, kissing him softly. "And yes, you look perfect." She smiled, "Hmm... I love you Sweetcheeks." He beamed "I love you too Muscles." He kissed her head lightly, walking to the bedroom door "Oh Jacob?" She called, "Beautiful." He smiled, she rolled her eyes with a small smile. "You might get a prize tonight." She smirked, "You are evil Ms.Beauchamp." He eyed, She hummed with a small smirk, "You're going to be late." "I'll see you later Sweetcheeks." "Phone me after?" She asked, "Always."

He exhaled quietly as he watched them take notes, "And why would you be good for this job?" Henrick asked. "Well, I'm efficient and my main focus is the best for the patients, always put them first. I care about my job, I'm always looking for ways to improve the place... not that it isn't okay as it is, I just mean everything has to progress. I really would love this job simply because I'd suit it and I'd always work as hard as necessary- if not harder." He smiled briefly. "Thank you Staff Nurse Masters." Elle smiled, "You can go." She added, he stood up "Oh Staff Nurse Masters?" Henrick looked, he nodded and smiled "I hope your daughter and Ms.Beauchamp are doing well." He nodded with a smile "Thank you."

"How was it?" She asked softly,
"It wasn't the worst... but I don't think I've got it." He sighed,
"You never know Muscles."
"They brought up that time where I left without permission." He groaned,
Connie chuckled quietly "Course they will, they want to see if you break and they want to know why... You, Jacob Masters, are one of the best nurses in that ED and they'd be making a massive mistake if they didn't chose you. Simple."
"I love you." He spoke a smile on his lips, "Henrick said he hopes you and Eliana are doing okay." He added
Connie hummed, "Perfectly fine, just a lazy day today." She spoke cheerily.
"Alright well I'll leave you to lazy around some more."
"I love you."
"I love you both."

She smiled down as she fed Eliana, "You're ever so perfect baby." Connie uttered, "No matter what anyone says." She spoke quietly, moving to wind her, singing softly as she did. She moved Eliana to her bouncer after settling her, she moved to the front door gathering all the post, flicking through it, groaning at all the bills. Placing them on the side, she went to make a coffee opening them. A heavy sigh left her lips as she read over the letter, Eliana's paediatrician appointment. She left it on the side, going to sit on the sofa finishing her drink before leaving to get Grace.

"Her appointment is next Monday... if you can't make it-" "I'll be there like it or not." She smiled easily, "You okay?" She hummed, "I just wish they'd leave us alone for a few weeks... She's fine the way she is." "I know, but she's going to need physio and things." Connie hummed, "But right now she's a seven week old baby and every test they've ran so far has given us nothing." He kissed her head, "Where's Firecracker?" "Playing in her room." "Don't worry about it, like we've said, she's perfect... now dinner, I can cook anything you like." He smiled, "Your risotto?" She smiled, "I can do that Sweetcheeks... just because it's you."

They lay close together that night, "It's been a while." He smirked, "Too long." She sighed quietly. He chuckled kissing her hair, "How about Friday, we go out for dinner? I'm sure Charlie could mind Eliana for a couple hours and Grace is at her dads." Connie looked up smiling, "I'd like that." "Good." He smiled kissing her. "Whatever happens Con, she's going to be okay." "I know." She smiled. The pair lay quietly for a while before Eliana cried over the monitor, "I'll go." She smiled kissing his cheek before picking his shirt up off the floor and pulling it onto her small frame, he shook his head laughing as he watched her wander away.