Chapter 23

She had waited up for him for a while before going up to the bed, phoning him.
"Yeah?" He sighed,
"I'm sorry." She spoke quietly, "Really Sorry." She breathed
"Right." He exhaled, stepping outside the bar
"Are you coming home tonight?"
He rolled his eyes with a sigh, "Jesus Connie, we had an argument... I'm not about to disappear." He groaned "I love you." He added,
"I love you too." She replied,
"I'll be home soon."

He made his way upstairs, sitting at the end of the bed, "Why?" He looked, "Why did you treat me like that? Me of all people." He exhaled. "It's pathetic." "I'd still like to have known." He mumbled, "I'm just- just jealous of the way you and Elle are... she's more you and I don't know, it just feels like she's suppose to be with you." She spoke pathetically. "Elle's a friend from being a kid Con... I don't love her... I love you- what did he ever do to you that makes you trust nobody?" She inhaled deeply "I don't want to talk about him Jacob." She glared, "Well then trust me Connie!" "I do! I trust you more than anyone and that's where I'm scared!" She yelled back, the room falling silent.

"Tell me Connie." He begged, she shook her head, "I was stupid and young and he knew I would do anything for him Jacob." She whispered, "Like what Connie?" "Jacob I just don't want to talk about it." "Please." "Loads of things Jacob... things you wouldn't understand because not even I still understand why... it was years ago, years before Grace." "Connie." He begged, taking her hand, "I don't want to talk about it ever again." She glanced seeing him nod instantly, she inhaled deeply "He made me feel special and when he knew I felt safe and loved... he tried to get me to sleep with his friends and obviously I refused and that was the last of it to me, I thought he valued my opinion but obviously not... he took me to some party and all his friends were there." She inhaled once again "And it's not about the fact nothing happened, it nearly did and he didn't care Jacob, he didn't care if it did and I've never felt so alone and scared." She uttered as tears fell. "Come here." He looked, she moved to his lap hugging him tightly, "Nothing happened so I don't know why it upsets me." She sniffled, he pressed his lips to her head "Connie... when I say I love you, I've never meant anything more in my life." "I just don't trust easily and I was fine but you and Elle are so close and it scares me that you'll chose her." "Look at me." She looked up at him, "Never... not ever okay?" Connie nodded gently, "The last I want to hear of you thinking Elle's a threat okay?" "I love you Jacob." "I love you more Sweetcheeks."

"Do you have to work tomorrow?" He groaned, "Not really." She uttered, looking to him. "What?" "I don't have to work... a day with you sounds better." "Connie are-" "I'm sure Jacob. I've treated you awfully over something pathetic and the other thing has nothing to do with you." "Forget about it." He smiled, she kissed him softly "Are you wanting me to go to work?" "Of course not... but I'm not wanting to leave here either." He smirked, she rolled her eyes with a chuckle "Course you aren't." "It's not as if you'll complain." She poked him causing him to smile at her "Sorry." She looked, "drop it, now sleep beautiful."