Chapter 69

As the weeks went by, things were peaceful. "Everything is coming together." He grinned, claiming her lips as she rested on one arm, "I told you I'd marry you, I just needed a little me back." He smiled fondly moving some hair behind her ear, "I know." He smiled, kissing her again. She rested her head against his, "You're the best thing that ever happened to me." Connie whispered softly, "likewise Ms.Beauchamp." She smiled fondly, cuddling into him as they lay there peacefully.

She woke early ours, nudging Jacob. As he woke, the fire alarm rang loudly. "Jacob... Eliana." She panicked as the got out of bed, Grace rushing in, "Mum?" She panicked, "Con, you and Grace go out." He spoke hurriedly, rushing downstairs to Eliana's room. Grace and Connie made their way outside, "What about Eliana?" Grace uttered, "Jacob will get her." Connie reassured, not wanting to worry her as she phone 999.

Jacob picked a blanket up from the side, the fire growing closer to his daughter. "Daddy!" Eliana yelled, "It's okay princess, I promise." He spoke calmly as he slowly made his way over. Panic setting in further as he heard her scream, "Princess, I'll only be a second... try and move away from it." He spoke gently.

Connie paced back and fourth, quite tears rolling of her cheeks. "I can't lose this... not now." She whispered to herself, feeling Grace's arms wrap around her "You won't... I promise." Connie smiled kissing her head. Neighbours now watching. Connie's head jolted up as the pair came out the house, Eliana crying loudly, "I need water." Jacob yelled, Connie rushing over. "Jacob?" She whispered, "She's fine, just a little one, she's a brave girl." Jacob smiled, kissing his daughters head. Connie drying her eyes, trying to pull herself together as a neighbour came over with a few bottles of water. Connie smiling thankfully before pouring it over her daughters arm, "Mummy it hurts." She sobbed, "I know baby, the doctors will fix it soon, we just have to wait." Connie uttered.

They sat with Eliana that evening, Grace being picked up by Sam. "It wasn't an accident Connie, no way." He uttered, "Jacob, you're being paranoid." Connie sighed, he also sighed sitting further back in his chair, hissing,  she frowned looking to him "Jay?" "I'm fine." She arched a brow, "I was just caught on the way out, don't worry about it." Connie rolled her eyes, getting up she asked a nurse to come check him over."Con, I'm fine, it's just a burn." He groaned, "Looks like It an all." She whispered.

She came and sat across his lap, "Sorry." "Shh, I'm just glad you're all okay... Ember will heel up fine." He smiled kissing her head, Connie nodded shutting her eyes. "Everything's ruined." She sighed, "That's irrelevant, we can get all that back... it's mainly affect El's room all our memories are still upstairs, safe." Connie nodded "Everything is going to be fine Sweetcheeks." Connie nodded, looking up as Eliana called for her. "Yes baby?" "My arm better?" "Not just yet, but it will be, I promise." "Pinky?" "Pinky." Connie smiled kissing her head, "You sleep baby." "With you and Daddy." She stated sleepily, "We can't here baby, the bed is too small." Connie chuckled gently, "Please." She smiled sweetly. Connie looked to Jacob as he stood up "What my princess wants, my princess gets." Jacob beamed, "can we watch stitch tomorrow?" She asked, "Of Course we can." Connie smiled, watching Jacob slip onto the bed, "See, loads of room for you Sweetcheeks." He beamed, Connie smiled kicking her shoes off and getting into bed with them, Connie taking Jacob's hand squeezing it gently, he smiled softly, kissing the back of it.