Chapter 61

She inhaled deeply, looking in the mirror as she smoothed her trousers out. Three years. Three years ago she was last there, pushing the fear to the back of her mind she ran her fingers through her curls, slipping into her heels. "You've got this." He smiled from the door way, she looked to him smiling gently, he came over wrapping his arms around her. "I promise, I wouldn't be pushing for you to come back if I didn't think you would have." "What if El needs me?" Connie asked quietly, "They'll phone and you'll go or I'll go." Connie nodded "What if I've forgotten everything?" "Not single chance." She smiled at him, claiming his lips. "Now we have two impatient girls waiting for us."

"We don't really need this chat." Elle chuckled as she followed her into the office, "Just go and do what you're best at." Elle added, Connie nodded with a smile going to the staff room, placing her things into her locker. She sighed quietly as she moved the stethoscope around her neck, checking her phone before pushing it into her pocket. She felt his arms around her, "I told you, you've got this beautiful." He spoke softly, kissing her temple "The best doctor in this place." She hummed, "Just feels like everything could go wrong." "No, now let's go." He smiled she nodded shutting her locker, "You May even get a prize later." He whispered.

"Ms.Beauchamp." Cal grinned as he stood facing her, she rolled her eyes continuing to read the file, "Ever feel like you need a proper man, you know where I am." "You'd be the last person I'd go to then. Just grow up Cal, is been years. It highly pathetic." She snipped wandering away to the cubical, getting on. "You okay love?" The woman asked, Connie smiled "That obvious?" "I've been alive some years, I don't mind listening." Connie smiled at her, "It's just been a while since I worked... I'm just scared something isn't going to go right." "How long haven't you worked, "Three years, I had a baby and she has extra needs so I stayed home." Connie smiled weakly, Connie called for a nurse, "You seem to know what you're doing, I'm sure it'll be fine, people always over think things." "Now if that isn't a voice of reason, I don't know what is." Jacob smiled as he stepped into the cubical, Connie rolled her eyes. "What do you want?" "You asked for a nurse... I am one." Connie looked at him "Hourly obs till CT is clear, please." "Sure thing Sweetcheeks." "Jacob." She snipped, sanitising her hands. She went to walk out the cubical when he took hold of her arm gently "Stop worrying... she'll be fine, she has been fine." Connie smiled lightly with a small nod before wandering out. "You two are close." Jacob hummed, "My fiancé." He beamed, the woman smiled "I see you like to annoy her." "At home she wouldn't care... she likes professionalism." He chuckled.

He came and sat next to her on the bench, waiting for her to finish up on the phone. "She's okay." Connie smiled, "I told you." Connie nodded, moving her head to his shoulder. "It just feels like somethings going to go wrong." She whispered, "This place always feels like that, don't you worry." Connie hummed gently. "Come on, its cold out here." He smiled, kissing her head he stood up outstretching his hand which she gladly took.

"Emma?" Connie frowned, "Thought you didn't work." She snipped, "First day back... what happened?" Connie frowned, "He gave me no choice... he's not letting me see our son, what's the point?" She sighed, Connie looked to Jacob rolling her eyes subtly. "Can someone call CT?" Connie asked, "Emma if this is one of your games to get him back, it's not going to work." Connie spoke quietly,"Do you still love him?" She growled, "No, I care for him, we have a child... matter of fact, anyone dealing with you I'd help." She glared angrily, "Con." Jacob whispered, "You need therapy and maybe then he might consider taking you back." "I want a different doctor." She snipped, Connie rolled her eyes "Fine by me... some get Dr.Keogh." She spoke wandering out resus.

"You okay?" He asked as he came over, "Yeah, I just hope Sam isn't dumb enough to fall for it." Connie sighed as she slipped her coat on, claiming his lips "I love you, I'll see you after." She smiled, "Ditto." He grinned, kissing her again before he watched her leave the staff room.

"Mummy!" Eliana squealed, Connie laughed gently "You okay baby, good day?" "Yeah! The bestest." She beamed, "Good... now lets go and get your sister and I think Daddy is taking us out for dinner." Connie smiled pushing the chair out the office as they went to get Grace. "I missed you a little bit Mummy and I missed Daddy." Connie smiled kissing her head, "But you don't mind me not being there?" Eliana shook her head, "I played with Poppy and Alfie." "Good." Connie smiled, waiting patiently for Grace.