Chapter 60

They strolled out of Eliana's appointment, "All the time?" He sighed, "Yep." She groaned, "How is crawling going to work with her splints on?" Connie exhaled heavily "I don't know... I think the point is so she walks but as I keep telling them it's not going to happen... quite clearly it's falling upon deaf ears." She groaned, "School now?" Eliana smiled, "Yeah... Remember you're only staying for lunch today and then tomorrow we try a full day." Eliana clapped her hands smiling happily. "Just think Soon you'll be back to being Ms.Beauchamp... a few hours where you get to be you, not Mummy." Connie smiled at him fondly "Always know what to say don't you?" "Of Course Sweetcheeks."

"Miss.Harold." Connie spoke through gritted teeth, "Hi Ms.Beauchamp, come through." Connie nodded moving to sit at the table, the woman sitting before her. "As you know I'm head of Senco here and I was just wondering where we are at with funding for Eliana... If she's going full time we need more money." She spoke clearly "All I do is fill out the forms, I don't pick how much she gets." Connie sighed, "No, of course not but maybe she needs a new one filling out-" "For head of Senco you quite clearly don't know how it works, they send the forms to me when they need it updating." Connie looked blankly, "Has her chair been put on order yet?" Connie asked, "Chair?" "The chair for in the class room, so she's not constantly in her wheel chair... this one supports her back- you know the scoliosis doesn't just disappear." "No, no of course not, I chase that up for you... Can we also discuss attendance?" "No." Connie snipped, "She has appointments, I can't help when they are, if I could pick a chose I'd put them at more appropriate times." Connie spoke clearly.

Connie went to Eliana's class room, sitting where she usually sat after explaining to her teaching assistant about the splints. She'd found that being there so much, other children often relied on her like a teacher. A smile coming to her lips as a little boy came over, Oliver. "Eliana's Mummy?" "Oliver." She smiled, "I wrote my name, can I show you?" "Oliver let's leave Connie alone." Miss.O'Leary smiled, "But I'm just- I'm just showing her my name." "Another time-" "It's okay, he can show me... Eliana doesn't need me." Connie laughed gently, looking to her she played with her friends.

"That's fantastic." Connie smiled brightly, he smiled cheekily, "Do you not want to go and play?" "It's too loud for me sometimes and that makes me cross." He sighed, Connie nodded gently watching as he rushed off to the carpet along with the other children and their teacher called them.

A moan of approval left her as she felt his hands pushing into her back, "Hmm... why you back so early?" Her eyes shutting as he continued, "Because with charm like mine I can pull a few strings... especially seen as though I'm boss." He beamed, moving his arms around her waist. "Who did you convince to work your shift on top of theirs?" She chuckled, "David." He chuckled, "You're a wicked man." "Learnt from the best woman." She hummed with a smirk, "You won't be getting away with that when I'm back." She stated, "You aren't going back as clinical lead are you?" "No, but it doesn't mean I won't tell on you." "I don't care as long as it's you disciplining me." She turned to swat his chest, "You're an idiot." She laughed, he chuckled pulling her close kissing her happily.