Chapter 45

She smiled as she sat facing him, sipping her wine slowly. "It's nearly been two years." She breathed, "I know." He smiled, taking her hand "The best two years." He nodded playing with her ring. "Jacob?" "Beautiful?" "I will marry you one day... just things with Eliana are hectic." "Hey I know." He smiled, "I just don't want you to think otherwise." "Never." "Charlie will be okay with her?" "If he wasn't he'd have phoned or never agreed." Connie nodded, continuing to eat. "How about once we've finished we have a walk?" "Of course." She smiled at him.

She wore his jacket as they strolled, "You worried about work?" She asked, Jacob hummed, "I just want to get it... not just for me but for us." He breathed, "We've not had the best time recently." Connie kissed his cheek, "Maybe not but everything is okay, running smoothly." She grinned easily. "What's something you want Connie?" He asked, she shrugged "A family like ours forever." She spoke gently, he pressed his lips to her head "We'll have this family forever, I promise." He grinned, "Good." She smiled.

Connie frowned as she heard noise down one of the side streets, she pushed her fingers against his lips. "Hear it?" She asked quietly, he took her hand keeping her behind him as they carefully stepped down the street. He knelt down to a man, "You okay?" He asked, "My stomach." He muttered, "And arm." He added, Jacob carefully lifted his top, blood pooling. "Con-" He looked to her as she ripped the bottom of her dress, "Keep the pressure on it." She smiled passing the fabric to him before moving to attend to his arm, tying some more fabric above the laceration. "You've ruined your dress." He commented breathlessly, "It's only a dress." She smiled politely, phoning an ambulance. "So what happened here?" Jacob asked, "Some kid." He muttered, "You've got a pretty one there." Jacob chuckled with a smile, "A smart one at that." "Look like you know what you're doing." He commented, Connie coming back over "The ambulance won't be too long." She smiled, "Let me look." She added, "That's because she's a doctor and I'm a nurse." "She has a name Masters." She eyed.

"Hello you two." Iain smiled, The pair smiled briefly as they let them take over. "Thank you." The man smiled, the pair smiled back before Jacob moving her into his side, "You okay?" She nodded as he pressed his lips to her head "We best get going." She looked, he nodded gently "I'll get you a new dress for being such a hero." She rolled her eyes "I wasn't being a hero, I don't need a new dress." "I'll get you a new dress, just for being you." He smiled, kissing her gently.

"Good night?" Charlie questioned, "Eventful." Jacob chuckled, "What happened to your dress?" "Someone needed help." The pair smiled, "Oh right, all okay?" Connie nodded. "Thank you for tonight... it was nice to get out." "Anytime, I'll be off." He smiled moving to kiss Connie's cheek before the pair showed him out.

"So Sweetcheeks?" He smirked, "I need a shower." She sighed, "Who says I cannot join you?" She burst into fits of giggles as he lifted her up, up the stairs. "Shh, I don't feel like waking our baby right now."