Chapter 25

"Mummy, if you and Jacob are getting married, will you have a baby?" Grace asked sweetly, "Maybe." Connie smiled gently, "Good because I want another brother... or a sister." Connie chuckled gently, kissing her head, "Hurry up eating, you're going to be late for school." "So." She mumbled, "I thought you liked school?" Connie eyed, "I do... doesn't mean I want to rush." She sighed, jumping from her seat.

She jumped as the door shut behind her, grinning widely as his arms moved around her waist, kissing her neck. "Muscles?" She asked, "I love you." He uttered, "As much as I love you, I'm not sleeping with you in my office, we have a perfectly fine bed for that." She uttered, he chuckled softly, kissing her temple. "You know if I continued to pursue this, you would give in." Connie turned to face him, "Don't flatter yourself." She smirked, kissing him tenderly, "You know, Nobody is going to believe this?" He uttered, taking her hand, "They don't have to." She smiled, kissing him once more. "Now, back to work." She snipped playfully.

She called for a nurse later, a smile settling on her lips before reeling of her commands. She quickly sanitised her hands walking to the nurses station, filling out some notes. "Is that what I think it is?" Charlie spoke quietly, "Is what?" She asked, glancing to him, "You know what." He arched a brow as she couldn't hide her smile. "Yes." She breathed, he smiled fondly, "Congratulations." He looked kindly, "Thank you." She commented.

He sighed heavily, hearing the whispers stop as he entered the staff room, "Anyone like to ask something?" He groaned, "Because whispering about people is rude... We aren't horrible, just ask." He sighed "Connie being engaged... it just isn't her." Cal commented, "Well she is, problem?" He groaned. "No not at all." He sighed, Jacob rolled his eyes, gathering his things.

"Sweetcheeks, you ready." She hummed fondly, finishing her task before getting ready quickly. Her arms linking with his as they walked out, "Good day?" "Good to be going home." She smiled, kissing his cheek. "Let's go get Firecracker and go watch films." Connie nodded happily "I can live with that." "Pizza for dinner?" "Now we're talking." She smirked, getting in her car.

"Jacob?" Grace whispered, Connie asleep next to him. "Firecracker." "Can I sleep in bed with you and Mummy?" Jacob looked at her chuckling with a nod "You're the bestest Jacob ever." "You're the best Gracie ever." She smiled hugging him watching the film.