Chapter 52

"What?" Connie uttered, tears forming in her eyes. "It just seems for the best." Grace spoke quietly, "For who Grace?" Connie snapped, Grace looked down quietly "You need to focus on El and I know I don't get in the way but things are just easier at Dad's... I'll still come at weekends and holidays." "You know everything with Eliana is settled... what's the truth because I'm struggling to see the benefits of you moving in with him." "I just want to why is that so hard for you to understand!" Grace snapped back. "Grace I'm not discussing it, no." "It's my life Mum!" Grace screeched, "I'm sick of every time I try to leave she cries or your busy with Eliana and I'm not blaming you or her I'm not even jealous I just want to go and live with my dad and then we can spend time together at weekends!" She yelled going off to her room."

"Mummy sad?" Eliana asked as she came and lay with her younger daughter, "Just a little bit." Connie sniffled, Eliana hugged her, giggling as Connie tickled her. "What shall we have for dinner?" "Pizza!" "We had pizza Friday." Connie chuckled, "Pasta." She replied, "Daddy's." She added. Connie smiled gently "Daddy's working baby." Eliana looked at her "After bedtime?" Connie nodded "He'll come and tuck you in properly when he gets back." Eliana nodded gently. "Dinner?" Connie asked again, "Chips." She smiled, "Chips and?" "Beans." Connie laughed gently "How about fish fingers too?" "Yeah." She nodded.

"Grace, dinner!" Connie called up the stairs, Connie looked at her as she came and sat at the table. A sigh leaving Grace's lips. "El, don't make a mess." Connie groaned as she went to get them both drinks. "It's not even that big of a deal... Dad never complains." Grace mumbled as she came back "It's different Grace." Connie snipped, "How?" She asked, "Because you've always lived with me." "And... I'll come every Friday and stay till Sunday, it's really not a big deal Mum... you're just being selfish like always!" Connie inhaled, Continuing to watch Eliana. "I'm not arguing with you Grace, no." "Why?" "Because he'll last five minutes with you and he'll send you back!" "No he wouldn't! Ugh! I hate you!" She screamed, rushing off to her room again. "Uh Oh." Eliana laughed, Connie carefully hiding her tears.

"Sweetcheeks?" He frowned as he came home, she shook her head drying her eyes, "El wants you to tuck her in... I told her you would." She breathed. "Con, what's wrong?" "Just go Jacob." She looked, he burrowed his brows going down the hall to Eliana's room. "Pad off now baby." He smiled, kissing her head as he took it off the stand. "Mummy sad." She spoke quietly, "Why?" He asked, pulling the quietly higher up. "Gracie said I hate you." She spoke shutting her eyes. Jacob kissed her head again, "You sleep princess." "Night night Daddy." "Night baby." He smiled, turning her lamp off and going back to Connie.

"Con?" He spoke, dropping before her. "She doesn't want to live with us." Connie sobbed, Jacob sat on the sofa pulling her into his lap. "Con-" "I don't know what I've done Jacob... I always make time for her." "Con, breathe with me." He spoke softly. After calming she looked at him, he dried her eyes. "Did she tell you why?" "Apparently it's easier at her Dad's... what does that even mean Jacob?" "Why not go and speak to her?" He spoke gently, "I'll make us dinner."

"Grace?" "What?" She spoke harshly, Connie exhaled coming to sit on the bed. "I just want to know why." "I've given you loads of reasons, you're just being selfish as always." She sighed, "It's not that I love Dad more or I hate it hear it's just simpler." "I don't get what you mean Grace." "I love El, I do, probably even a bit more that Harry but I know that things get tough with her and I'm sick of being woke by her alarm just because she's rolled of the mat it always panics me-" "Grace it's unlikely that she's been sick-" "I know but what about the one time she has? I just want to be able not to worry and just be a bit more relaxed about things... I still love you, Jacob and El, always... Things are complicated here and it's not anyone's fault it's just the way it is." She spoke clearly, "And I have another option and why does it make me a bad person for wanting to take it?" She groaned, "You're still my mum and Jacob's still my step dad and this is still my family, just like Dad's is my family it's not a big deal mum and you're making It not something it's not." "What about when you get bigger and you want to go out with friends? We'll miss out." Connie sighed, "I can make up for it in the week... my Why is it okay for dad to see me at weekends but not for it to be the other way round." "Because it's always been me and you Grace... always." Connie uttered, "I still love you." Grace moved to hug her, "I might not even like it." She whispered. Connie hugged her tightly, "I love you so much." Connie breathed, "I know." Grace smiled, "I love you too." "Get some sleep." Connie smiled, getting off the bed "You're not cross with me?" "No, course not." Connie smiled.

She fell into him, her sobs quiet. "She's always going to love you Con, whether she is here, her dads or millions of miles away." "She's been with me for ten years Jacob, not once has he ever stepped up like that." She uttered, "Its not about you two, it's about what she wants and it's what she wants and I know it's tough for you but it's only for a little while." Connie nodded holding onto him. "It's okay Sweetcheeks." He spoke softly kissing her head.