Chapter 57

"Mummy, Why is Grace's brother staying here?" Eliana asked, "It's complicated baby." Connie smiled, Eliana nodded "Will he live here forever now?" Connie shook her head, "No, just while his Daddy gets better." "Is he poorly sick?" "Something like that." Connie smiled. "Finished." Connie smiled, "Mummy, that looks nothing like a unicorn." Eliana looked in sheer disapproval at the Lego structure. "Well I'm sorry." "Good." Eliana smirked.

"Mummy?" "Eliana." Connie looked, "Does Grace love her brother more than me?" She asked innocently, Connie frowned, moving her to her own knee. "Of course not! Why would you ever think that?" Connie asked, "She's not come to see me today, she's been with her brother." She spoke quietly, "Is it because he can walk?" She looked. Connie shut her eyes briefly, kissing her daughters head. "No, it's nothing to do with that... Grace loves you the whole world." Connie smiled, "It doesn't matter if you can walk or anything else like that, Grace loves you for you... you're special, just like everyone ever." Connie smiled, Eliana smiled back, "See Harry's Mummy and Daddy have been shouting at each other, Harry is just upset so Grace is trying to cheer him up." Eliana nodded, "Why can't I walk Mummy?" "It's complicated baby, but it doesn't mean people won't love you or will love other people more." Connie spoke softly. "No one at school has been making fun have they?" Eliana shook her head "No, I'm just different to my friends." She whispered, "But you're perfect!" Connie smiled fondly, Eliana grinned widely hugging her mother tight.

"Sam." Connie smiled as he stepped into the house, Eliana looked as he came and sat down on the sofa, frowning a little. "Coffee? Water?-" "A water would be nice, thank you." Connie nodded going to get him a drink, soon returning. "He's upstairs with Grace." Sam nodded, "What's going on Sam?" Connie exhaled, "Harry and I are going to stay with my mum till I find a place... I never thought it would get that bad Connie, it just got worse and before I knew it we couldn't stop arguing." Connie looked at him sadly, Eliana pulling herself up on the sofa, Connie sitting her across her lap. "When her dad died she just got this streak of anger and I'd never seen it before... I thought it was just her way of dealing with it and it'd stop... more fool me I suppose." "Sam it's understandable... Just don't let him get scared like that... it messes a child up Sam." Connie uttered, "He's a lovely little boy." She added. "How are you going to get your things?" "I guess I'll just have to start over." He sighed, "What about his baby things... memories?" "She'll have probably ruined them, it's not worth going back there." He sighed heavily.

"Daddy!" Eliana smiled as he came into the living room, "Hello princess." He smiled lifting her up, hugging her tightly, he smiled kindly to Sam, moving to kiss Connie's head. "Good day?" She asked, "I don't do bad days Sweetcheeks." He smirked, Connie rolled her eyes with a smile. "Could you go and get Grace and Harry for me?" She asked sweetly, "Anything for you." He smiled, "What you After Masters?" "I don't know what you're talking about." He smirked wandering up the stairs. "It's good to see you happy Connie... he's a good one." Connie smiled gently, "Yeah, he is." She breathed, "I would say he same but-" "Soon." He smiled, "What I like to hear."

"Dad!" Harry beamed rushing to hug him tightly, "I'm so sorry." "I'm happy you're okay." Harry smiled, "Of Course I am, you got your things?" "In Grace's room." "Go get them quickly." Sam smiled, he nodded going to get them. Grace hugged him, "I'm sorry." He whispered, "It's Okay, I'm just glad you're okay." Sam smiled at her easily. "I'm so proud of you, you know that?" Grace nodded smiling as Harry came back. "What do you say to Grace and her Mum and Jacob?" Sam smiled, "Thank you." He smiled taking his fathers hand "Anytime." Connie smiled showing them out.

"You okay Sweetcheeks?" He asked, She hummed turning to face him, "El... she commented on how she's different Jacob." Connie sighed, Jacob pulled her close, "She's going to notice Con, it's just we need to make sure she knows that it's okay." Connie nodded kissing him. "Sam said you're a good one." "I didn't particularly need his approval, but it's appreciated." Connie chuckled gently, "I don't know why, but you're looking extremely handsome today." "It's normally me with the compliments." He smirked, "Oh, I'll take it back then shall I?" She eyed, "You've already said it now Sweetcheeks." He grinned claiming her lips. "So why were you trying to butter me up before?" She asked, he laughed gently looking at her "Mum and Dad are coming down this weekend... oh and they aren't taking no for an answer." Connie sighed heavily "Please say you're joking." "Sorry, but I can't." "Without your brother?" "Without my brother." Connie rested her head against his chest "We've got this, don't worry."

"Of course I love you!" Grace exclaimed as the pair walked in, "I love you more than anyone." Eliana smiled hugging her sister tightly, the pair smiling, Jacob pressing his lips to Connie's head. He moved to lift her in the air "More than me?" "Yeah!" She giggled loudly, "Even me?" Connie asked, she nodded with a wide smile "Grace is the best." "Oh fine then, I see how it is." Connie sighed, "I do love you Mummy... But Gracie more." She spoke, moving to hug her. "I think I can live with that." Connie smiled. Grace hugging her mother tightly, "I love you more than anything Mum." Connie smiled kissing her head, Jacob coming to join the three. "Now I don't know about you girls but I think we should have pizza for dinner?" The three girls grinned, "Always Mr.Masters." Grace laughing at the pair, "Certainly Ms.Beauchamp."