Chapter 42

"It's good to be home." She breathed as she sunk into the bed, Jacob cradling Eliana. Connie smiled watching the pair as he stood looking out the window, taking a quick photo, he turned around smiling at her. He came as sat on the bed, "Six weeks seemed to have flown by... but they felt like the longest weeks." She sighed, he kissed her head gently. "How does a day in bed with two of my favourite girls sound?" He asked kindly, Connie nodded "Perfect." She grinned. "And pizza for dinner?" "What did a girl do to get a man like you Mr.Masters?"

He watched as she slept soundlessly next to him, "I know I can't take your pain away Sweetcheeks... I know I can't change this, no matter how hard I try... but you and I, we're going to be okay and so is Grace and Eliana, no matter what." He spoke quietly, "We're going to give them the best life, along with having the best time with them... and know matter how tough things get, you and I are going to pull through because there's not a single woman who could ever replace you, not ever." He continued, kissing her head lightly. Her eyes fluttered open and Eliana began to stir, "Hey I've got it... you sleep Sweetcheeks." She nodded turning over and swiftly drifting back off.

"Hello, sleeping beauty." Jacob teased as she woke, "It's too soon for jokes... five more minutes." She muttered sleepily, he chuckled to himself, looking back to his daughter who lay in between his legs, she rubbed her eyes sitting up properly, looking down to her. "I hate the fact she spent so long in hospital." Connie sighed, he nodded kissing her head "But she's home now, with us forever." Connie smiled, "Tied to me forever now Mr.Masters." "I think I've been tied to you since the moment we met." "Always a softie." She smirked, he chuckled kissing her head.

"And how is my baby?" Connie cooed lifting her up, "We've watched tv mainly... although someone also likes her sleep." Jacob eyed, "Sleep is good, isn't it Eliana?" "I love you with them... even more beautiful than normal." Connie rolled her eyes "Your Daddy is the biggest flirt-" "And your Mummy loves it more than anyone." "Only a little bit." Connie smirked, "You love it Ms.Beauchamp." "I suppose." She eyed playfully.

He ordered them some food before coming into the bathroom with them, Connie sharing a bath with Eliana. "How do you still look so good?" He asked, Connie rolled her eyes "I look nowhere near like I did before-" "You look phenomenal Con." She rolled her eyes, dripping some water on Eliana. "I take it she likes the bath a lot then?" He chuckled, Connie nodded with a smile "She didn't really get to relax in one while she was in hospital." Connie stated. Connie looked at him smiling, "There's always room for one more." She commented, "Con-" "She's a baby, loads of people do it." She smiled "Besides you'll be behind me." He chuckled, stripping down and managing to slip behind her. "I can't wait for Grace to be home." She breathed, resting back against him, "Me either beautiful." He kissed her shoulder, watching their little girl as she lay peacefully.

"Oh baby." Connie cooed as her daughter cried, "Someone enjoyed their bath a little too much." He chuckled, coming back upstairs with her bottle. Connie continuing to get her dressed, "Pass her here, you carry on getting ready." "For what?" Connie frowned, "Well your pizza is going cold." "I don't mind, you eat yours Muscles." Connie smiled, lifting her into her arms, checking the temperature of the milk on the back of her hand before starting to feed her.