Chapter 14

"I know you're awake." He whispered as she lay with him, she turned her head to look at him. "Care to share?" "There's nothing to share... I'm just truly happy for once." She smiled, moving to claim his lips affectionately, "Good." He smiled, "We're going to be okay aren't we?" He nodded instantly, "Always." She smiled fondly, kissing him once more. "Now sleep Mr.Masters." "Ditto Sweetcheeks." The pair laughed quietly.

He watched her rush around the department, quickly he took her free moment to stand before her "Jacob I don't have time-" "Tell me what I can do to help." He smiled kindly, she smiled gently "A coffee would be nice." "Coming right up Sweetcheeks." She smiled making her way to her office, slumping down in the chair, sighing heavily as she waited for Jacob.

"How long till the new consultant arrives?" "Another week." She groaned, "The place can't cope being this understaffed." She added, he kissed her head "We're doing just fine." Connie just nodded, "What time you leaving?" He asked, "four, Grace is at an after school club." He nodded "Well once I finish, maybe I could come over and we could relax properly." She hummed with a fond smile, "I love you Staff Nurse Masters." "I love you too Ms.Beauchamp." He smiled claiming her lips, she sighed as a knock erupted, "Come in." "Mrs.Bakers results." Robyn smiled, Connie came and took them, looking to Jacob sadly. He kissed her head "Later." He smiled wandering out, she smiled fondly before focusing on the results.

"Jacob!" Grace squealed as he walked inside the house, running towards him he lifted her into the air "Hello Firecracker." He chuckled, "Can we watch frozen?" She smiled hugging him, "Yeah! How about you get blankets and then I'll come and watch it?" She nodded excitedly, rushing upstairs to get them after he'd put her down.

"Sweetcheeks." He smiled, "What's this?" She sighed, lifting up a top of his that had made it to her washing. He looked at her chuckling, "Chill, it was just a mistake." "Sorry." She groaned, he moved his arms around her "Hmm... I suppose I can forgive you this once." She rolled her eyes with a smile as he kissed her. "Now Firecracker and I are watching Frozen, I know you've got paperwork so go get that finished." She smiled kissing him gently, "I love you Mr.Masters." "I love you more, now go" She smiled, going to her home office.

Connie stood in the door way, smiling fondly as she saw them tucked up watching the film. "Grace." Connie smiled, "Mummy?" "Say goodnight to Jacob, it's bedtime." Grace sighed getting off the couch "Night Jacob." "Night Firecracker." He chuckled as she stomped off upstairs, "Con?" She hummed looking to him, "You had dinner?" "Not yet, I was waiting for you." He nodded, watching her go upstairs, making his way into the kitchen beginning to cook.

"What's this?" She asked, coming to sit on the side as he cooked, "I want you to relax, properly." He grinned, she smiled fondly. "Well it smells lovely-" "Foods normally more about how it tastes." She rolled her eyes "Shut up." He laughed gently, the pair smirking to each other.

After eating the pair took a bath together. "Thank you for earlier." She stated simply, "What did I do earlier?" "Let me work-" "Don't worry about it, thank you not needed." He smiled, kissing her neck gently. "Happy four month anniversary Sweetcheeks." He added, she turned her head to look at him "Jacob-" "Shh... works busy, don't worry about it." "We're going out this weekend." She stated simply, he kissed her shoulder "I love you Sweetcheeks." "I love you too Muscles."