Chapter 21

He couldn't help but snap the odd few pictures of the pair, he loved seeing her with Grace her maternal side something she preferred to keep to herself. He smiled fondly as she came to join him on the balcony, "Nice shower?" He smiled, She hummed placing herself across his lap, he smiled kissing her head. "Is there anything you don't look good in?" He asked with a small chuckle, "You can even pull of my shirts." She laughed gently, looking at him. "Something you'd like to share Sweetcheeks?" She shook her head, "It's nice not having the rush of work." She breathed, "It's nice to see you relax." He smiled, she nodded shutting her eyes as they sat there.

"Mummy please." Grace whined as they walked the streets, "Gracie you'll only wear it once, no." "But I won't." She sighed, "Grace, I said no. You can get something else." "I don't want anything else." "Grace, no." Connie looked before carrying on. Jacob lifted Grace up, "How about we go to the beach after we've been here?" Jacob smiled kindly, Grace nodded still sulking as they finished up shopping.

He left Grace playing happily with a friend she'd made, he made his way over to her as she lay on the sun lounger reading. "You're blocking my sun." She sighed, "Move forwards." He commented before slipping behind her. She smiled fondly, "Grace?" "Over there, seems to have found a friend." He spoke pointing her out. Connie nodded letting her eyes fall shut. "You going to tell me what's wrong?" "Nothing is-" "You can't lie to me Beauchamp." "I'm fine, honestly." "You weren't yourself last night." He spoke gently, his fingers running through her hair, "Henrick phoned." She sighed heavily, "The place is in utter chaos and it frustrates me that I can't just go away for a week with the people I love without that place having to ruin it." She groaned, he pressed his lips to her temple "It hasn't... we're on holiday and there is nothing you can do, we're going to enjoy the rest of this holiday... the past couple days have been bliss and that's how it shall stay." "Sorry." She whispered, "Don't be daft... it's a relationship Connie, we share things." She nodded with a fond smile, "You're perfect, you know that?" She asked, "I do now." He chuckled.

"Mummy, come and play." Grace giggled, Connie looked up to see Jacob holding his hand out, she placed the book down taking his hand, the three walking down to the sea happily. Connie held Graces hand jumping over the waves the sea created, he couldn't help the wide grin on his face as he took several photos of them, her smile genuine. "Jacob!" Grace squealed as Connie lifted her up, swinging her round. "Don't worry Firecracker, I'll get her back for you." He grinned, moving to splash water at her, she squealed loudly  "Jacob!" She glared placing Grace down. He laughed awkwardly, kissing her "You look beautiful." He smiled, "Flattery gets you nowhere." "Everywhere more like." He whispered, she narrowed her eyes before their gaze was broke by Grace splashing them both as she giggled. Jacob picked her up as she giggled loudly, Connie moving to tickle her. "Stop!" She laughed, Jacob smiled up at Connie before Grace moved her arms around both their necks. "I love you Mummy and Jacob." Grace smiled, Connie kissed her head lightly "I love you too baby." "I love you also Firecracker." Grace smiled hugging them tightly, Connie kissed her head once more before looking to Jacob smiling as he pressed his lips to her head.