Chapter 24

"M'lady." He smirked, outstretching his hand, she chuckled gently taking his hand before they began to dance. "Are people still bothered by us?" She exhaled, "There all just nosy." He chuckled, kissing her lips tenderly "You're so beautiful Connie." "You keep telling me." "So I will." He grinned, spinning her around. "I don't know what I was ever doing without you Sweetcheeks." "Mmmhhh, Ditto." She smirked, kissing him again. "Marry me?" He whispered, "What?" She laughed, "I mean it, marry me... I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you." He spoke confidently, "Jacob?" She whispered, he slipped away from her, causing her to frown, watching him say his goodbyes before taking Connie's hand, waiting for a taxi.

"Jacob?" She pushed, "Connie marry me, I mean it, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Not anyone else, I told you when you know, you know and I've known from the first second of knowing you... I don't want anyone else Connie, they're all irrelevant and whatever you say I'm not going anywhere, you know I'm persistent." She inhaled deeply, "Why me?" "Why not Connie? I know bad things have happened, I know people you've trusted have hurt you, but I'm not them... if I could take all that away, all your pain I would in a heartbeat." He uttered, moving a hand to her cheek, "Let me look after you and Grace, let us look after each other, let me be your husband just let us be a family." He ran his thumb under her eyes, kissing her head "Don't cry beautiful." She moved her arms around his neck, "I love you." She whispered, he hugged her tightly "Is that a yes?" He asked, she nodded "Course it is." She uttered. He lifted her up, kissing her deeply, the pair not being to control their emotions.

"Everything Okay?" Charlie asked as he wandered outside with Duffy, "Yeah, perfect in fact." Connie smiled, drying her cheeks, Jacob placing a kiss in her hair, "We best be off." She uttered as the taxi arrived, Charlie nodded with a smile, shrugging to Duffy as they watched them leave.

"You're really going to be my wife." He breathed as they lay closely, he moved to turn the lamp on as she hummed, kissing him gently, "I promise you Connie, I'm never going to hurt you." She nodded kissing him, "I trust you." He opened his draw, "If you don't like it, I can always get a new one... just this one is a bit of a family thing." He uttered, she took the small ring, looking over it "I love it." She smiled passing it back to him, he frowned "Put it on." She smiled fondly, he chuckled slipping it on her finger. "Does it fit? We can get it resized." "It seems to fit Mr.Masters." He smiled fondly, she cupped his cheek gently, kissing him "You've changed my life Jacob Masters." "For better?" "I wouldn't be agreeing to marry you if it wasn't would I?" He chuckled gently, "I've never loved someone the way I love you Sweetcheeks." "Likewise Muscles." She grinned